• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bet if you walked up behind me at Dicks a couple months ago at the wrong time you would have thought the same thing. Everything was done and I was approved by NICS. A manager was called to finalize the paperwork and work through their internal checklist before walking me to the front to pay. Then what OP described happened. (cursory glances, approvals, and signatures)

I trust and respect several folks in this conversation that work for them. Parabellum isnt a fly by night shop. They are not without error, but to skip a NICS? Not hardly. OP needs to slow his roll.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    See. A rebuttal that shows how the OP could have misconstrued things. Exactly how it should be... until it got to the "slow your roll" part. Not necessary.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I've read his posts several times. I've yet to see anything disrespectful anywhere. He is just recounting what he saw. Half of the following replies, on the other hand, were, including yours. You guys would not like me as a MOD.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I've read his posts several times. I've yet to see anything disrespectful anywhere. He is just recounting what he saw. Half of the following replies, on the other hand, were, including yours.

The respectful thing to do would be to bring it up privately with the business. The most disrespectful thing to do would be to skip this step and go straight to an open forum.

Pointing out these simple axioms of decorum is hardly disrespectful.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yet this is the first time anyone has said that. It's just been bashing

Not so, I brought it up in my first post in the thread. And while others may have not said it explicitly, it seemed implicitly clear that no one here approves of getting on a public forum, and without giving prior notification or opportunity for explanation, accusing someone, particularly a reputable business, of a federal crime. Those words aren't cheap to Parabellum. What is the cost in terms of business? Never mind what headaches will ensue from a visit from a federal agent.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not so, I brought it up in my first post in the thread. And while others may have not said it explicitly, it seemed implicitly clear that no one here approves of getting on a public forum, and without giving prior notification or opportunity for explanation, accusing someone, particularly a reputable business, of a federal crime. Those words aren't cheap to Parabellum. What is the cost in terms of business? Never mind what headaches will ensue from a visit from a federal agent.

Right. THIS. Running your mouth about what you THINK you saw on the internet isnt the smartest thing. ESPECIALLY when dealing with serious squirrel stuff like ATF. Some decorum is in order and a private conversation with a manager is the right thing to do.

Just like it wouldnt be prudent for me to say "Hey, yall! I was at Cheesecake factory and what did I see? OP's dad hugging and kissing some lady that wasnt his wife!" Never mind the fact that it could be his sister, etc that he hadnt seen on years. (notice I only implied impropriety. I didnt specify it was only a hug and a quick smooch as they said their goodbyes) Wouldnt it have been more appropriate for me to call OP and say "hey, sorry, but I think there might be a problem. I saw your dad tonight..."?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    I've read his posts several times. I've yet to see anything disrespectful anywhere. He is just recounting what he saw...You guys would not like me as a MOD.

Here's where your pal went off-track:

...At no time was this called it. Looks like a great way to lose a permit to me.

I think you'll agree this could have been said differently. He's clearly insinuating this business - an INGO supporter who has invested a million dollars in the local community - is engaging in something illegal.

We're by no means perfect here, but I do like to think we can spot folks who are a little, shall we say, "full of themselves."

(PS - speaking of - would you mind telling us which boards you have moderated, as a sample of your work? We might wish to keep you in mind...for when you get your post count up north of a couple hundred).

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Here's where your pal went off-track:

I think you'll agree this could have been said differently. He's clearly insinuating this business - an INGO supporter who has invested a million dollars in the local community - is engaging in something illegal.

We're by no means perfect here, but I do like to think we can spot folks who are a little, shall we say, "full of themselves."

(PS - speaking of - would you mind telling us which boards you have moderated, as a sample of your work? We might wish to keep you in mind...for when you get your post count up north of a couple hundred).

Exactly.. We're not talking about not getting the onions you asked for on your sammich. When you are insinuating a business has done something that could cost them a million dollars, as Cameramonkey said, it's serious squirrel stuff. If you think I'm being overly dramatic read the statute I've copied and pasted below..
    Just an aside to the OP.. We've been told that in the near future (not sure what that means to the Federal Govt) there will be no more "call in", everything will be done online. Think before you speak or know exactly what you are speaking about is the lesson we can all take from this. From the reply the OP made to Coach I got the feeling that he still didn't understand the gravity of his comments. That was the reason I bothered to address his foolish comments to begin with.. To my knowledge everyone at Parabellum does their best to cross all the Ts and dot all the Is. I won't speak for everyone else but I really enjoy what I do there and don't want some "loose lips, sink ships" comment to destroy something I really enjoy. Hopefully this will put this issue to bed and be a lesson for some of us. Happy New Year, Parabellum will be open at our usual time on New Years day if anyone wants to stop by and make some noise. :ingo:
    Section 15.2 GCA.
    15.2.1 Criminal. The criminal penalties for violations of the GCA are provided for in 18 U.S.C. § 924. The criminal penalties in the GCA include both felonies and misdemeanors. For misdemeanors, the fines would be not more than $100,000 for individuals or $200,000 in the case of organizations. The criminal provisions of the NFA are found in 26 U.S.C. § 5871. As in the case of NFA offenses, fines for violation of the felony provisions would be not more than $250,000 in the case of an individual or $500,000 in the case of an organization.

Last edited:

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I just bought a gun there yesterday and they done the check online. Of course it did take a little longer when for some reason the computer power strip was turned off. lol

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I have run a couple of transfers through Parabellum the last couple of weeks. It has been awhile since Ive purchased, and didn't think that they ran a check one. I actually stopped and asked them because I was concerned. They do run them through the computer, and you would be amazed at how fast that happens. Its kinda odd you were just staring at the guy while he was filling out the form, watching all the employees around the counter, never taking your eyes off of them.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Doing the check online is MUCH faster than calling. If I can ask the buyer a couple of questions that aren't on the DL I can usually have an answer by the time the form is filled out. I really don't understand why all the dealers aren't doing the checks online.

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Top Bottom