• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I wasn't saying It should be a problem but most ranges I have been too have had commercial property around them. I personally think the Chinese restaurant location would be great. it has been vacant 5+ years and its just a little closer to where I live.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Most likely, but the R.O.I would be low so don't look for it, most likely will be a copy or similiar set up like BGF on the southside, which was a tremendous investment from the owners and is the Premiere range in central Indiana!

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I would love to have this place built. Its not too close to the monon in fact the closer the better for me. I would prefer it to in fact be on the monon with a side door for entrance off the trail. Still where its currently at is close enought for me as well.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    indykid said:
    Maybe the owner of the DQ is worried that honest, law abiding people will leave the gun range/store and spend money in his establishment? I guess he would have died if he knew that I never went into his DQ when I wasn't without by personal defense department.

Someone is begging to have their business boycotted.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Here is the info from the Carmel Planning commission secretary Lisa.

The Point Blank Range & Gun Shop is listed on the Agenda for the August 20, 2013 meeting. As soon as the Agenda is finalized, I will email it to you. Yes, non-Carmel residents can speak. It is listed under the Public Hearing portion of the meeting. At that point the President will ask for public comments. Once that portion is closed, the public will no longer be able to speak. Hope this helps.

Lisa

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Please we need to have more people sign the petition showing support for the gun shop coming into Carmel. We only have 39 at this point.
    Charlie

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Up to 139! Doing pretty well, but I'm sure there are more supporters out there than this.

This issue came up during the July 4th holiday, so I think some people missed the initial news story. We really need to get this word out.

Thanks!
    T

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Here is the info from the Carmel Planning commission secretary Lisa.

The Point Blank Range & Gun Shop is listed on the Agenda for the August 20, 2013 meeting. As soon as the Agenda is finalized, I will email it to you. Yes, non-Carmel residents can speak. It is listed under the Public Hearing portion of the meeting. At that point the President will ask for public comments. Once that portion is closed, the public will no longer be able to speak. Hope this helps.

Lisa

You all are gonna need a lot of signatures and even then it may not help with all the libs up in Carmel. I sincerely wish you all the best with this one. I think the only place more difficult to get a gun range around indy would be Zionsville.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have dealt with Carmel City Council, Zoning Board, and Mayors office in the past. I called and left a message with the Cincy owner, Tom W. saying I could give him some free heads up dealing with the 'Hamilton Co. Elite.' He didn't bother calling back. Turning down knowledgeable free advice? I wish him luck but I doubt it will fly.

I have lived in Carmel 20+ years and been involved in local politics. Thinking he can deal with this like he can in Cincy he is in for a real rude awakening.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I have dealt with Carmel City Council, Zoning Board, and Mayors office in the past. I called and left a message with the Cincy owner, Tom W. saying I could give him some free heads up dealing with the 'Hamilton Co. Elite.' He didn't bother calling back. Turning down knowledgeable free advice? I wish him luck but I doubt it will fly.

I have lived in Carmel 20+ years and been involved in local politics. Thinking he can deal with this like he can in Cincy he is in for a real rude awakening.

FYI Tom, the owner of Point Blank has been on vacation.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    FYI Tom, the owner of Point Blank has been on vacation.

May be. I don't know. MOST people, even when on vacation check e-mail, and voice mail, on a regular basis. I have no financial interest in this so I really don't care if it fly's or dies. As a 'fellow shooter' I did feel an obligation to make a call and share some info that would help them navigate the minefield that composes Carmel politics. I did my part. Wish him luck.

Top Bottom