• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'd like to know, too. His little storefront is on the way to my in-laws. Never seemed open, though.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Current soil conditions are not favorable for construction, they plan to chemically modify the soil to stabilize it...the GC was hoping to get that done today, with the weather that may or may not happen.

All I have for now, will update as I know more.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Jagee since I have no clue what soil conditions are good or bad could you give me the readers digest version?

It's currently too soft/wet/whatever to build on...if you build it the way it is, the building will probably settle (sink). They are going to mix in a chemical with the soil to get it to dry out/stabilize/get hard (hehehe) then continue with the building process.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Was on site this morning, and will be back there later this afternoon. They are currently in the process of excavating the pond which will be located behind the building and using that material to build up the building pad and parking lot/drive areas to the final sub-grade elevation.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was back on site this morning. They are almost up to the bottom of footing elevation with the building pad. Pad should be done sometime next week or the following. Footings will be next.

I keep forgetting when the scheduled turnover date is...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Footings have started to go in, building pad is up to grade, front parking lot is ready for stone placement. Progress is being made...finally.

Tentative turn-over date was originally scheduled for mid January, but they are a little behind and with the upcoming weather it is likely to get worse before it gets better. I wouldn't expect to shoot there til late winter early spring.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I see cement blocks going up for the walls now! YAHOO!! Last I heard is Point Plank is targeting a February 2015 opening.

Yep, block walls going up. Footings are not 100% complete yet, but getting close.

Sorry, work has been busy and I haven't had a chance to update.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    Apparently they are opening a bunch of them across the country. My moms husband is the lighting engineer that is doing all of the plans.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Apparently they are opening a bunch of them across the country. My moms husband is the lighting engineer that is doing all of the plans.

Yeah, last I heard the contractor building the one in Carmel was going to have a meeting with the owner to discuss the one that is going in Greenwood. But I don't know where/when that G-wood store is supposed to happen.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    News said they maybe looking for a location in Greenwood as well. Not sure what the time frame is though

From the article:

Another location is planned for Greenwood, Willingham said. It won’t break ground until the new year.

If I were to guess it would probably start construction in the spring. The Construction Management company building the one in Carmel had a meeting with the owner about the Gwood location so if I get a chance to ask about that one I will.

Top Bottom