• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I looked at their range rates on the website - not cheap, but not out of line, either. Not having to drive for 30 minutes each way counts for something, too.

Will be interesting to see how their firearms are priced. Pictures of their other locations show a lot of stock; if they want to move stuff (I know, they aren't going to show empty shelves), they'll need to be competitive (on the other hand, GM stocks a lot of guns too, and we know how their prices are).

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I landed a part time side gig there. They are really close to our shop so I figured why not. I'd be thrilled if I could just get paid in ammo and range time. Training starts the first full week of April. Haven't heard an opening date yet b7t I would assume the week after that.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Parking lot is getting ready for stone/asphalt placement soon. That is usually one of the last things they do to finish up a job besides some interior finish work. FYI.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They are paying squat for part time only jobs. You'd make 2x waiting tables. You won't attract many quality people for $9/hr.

I know I'm setting myself up, but part time gig that I can bike to, look at guns, and get paid. It could happen.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    It is truly just the parking lot that is the hold up. This rain is not doing us any favors. Range ready. Showroom ready. Employees are about ready. Inventory will be moved in once we get the C of O.

Like Bob, I am working there as well. Pay is what it is. One of the benefits of that is that you get people that are willing to work for their love of the hobby.

Hope you all give it a chance. One of the things that will make PBR unique is the sheer number of rental firearms that will be available.

Opening still set for late April.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'll be there on the shooting range for sure. Too many office chicks want me to teach them how to shoot. :draw:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll be there on the shooting range for sure. Too many office chicks want me to teach them how to shoot. :draw:

Let me know when you're heading over. I work across the street too.

No cute office chicks looking for a shooting buddy on my floor though.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I have a friend that's working there part time and he said it's not to bad. He gets lots of discounts too. He said their soft opening target date is April 21st. Just waiting for the weather to break to get the parking lot done.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That's right, target date is the 21st. Just waiting on the rain to stop and the asphalt to start. It really is going to be a nice store. And without a doubt, the nicest indoor range I've EVER seen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So long as their affordable. I have a feeling with the carmel crowd that it may be a bit pretentious.

Ive actually wondered about thus myself. I'm very interested to see what type of crowd this place will bring in. Will there be Porshes in the lot from Carmelites? F100s from Cicero? Kias from Indy?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ive actually wondered about thus myself. I'm very interested to see what type of crowd this place will bring in. Will there be Porshes in the lot from Carmelites? F100s from Cicero? Kias from Indy?

I think the Cicero/Arcadia people (my family from up there included) won't make it past Tim's Shooting Range in Westfield. :)

The Indy people who (legally) shoot have already moved to Carmel. ;)

Top Bottom