• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    When I looked at their flyer about the range I saw a $5 waiver fee. First time I've ever seen that at any range.

Eight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2014
    Central Indiana
    Went there 2nd day it was open. I second the positive comments regarding the staff & range. Another nice thing is I believe all lanes take long guns as well though posted fee was higher if shooting rifles.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Mrs. Wabbit and I went in last night with our three wildings. The staff was very professional and talked a long time with my Glock-loving left-handed better half. It is a nice place and wife wants to go back on Fridays for date night (without the kids).

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I kind of disagree. I've been on both sides of the counter when it comes to waivers and I have never heard of anyone being charged to sign one even if a video viewing was involved.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    But I dont get it, they make you watch a safety video and charge you to do it then hit you up again to use the range, how does that, whats that no other range does that...

I agree with you. It would make more sense to charge the $5 if you have to but then take it off as credit during your first range visit. The problem is I don't run it so I can either pay or go somewhere else. To ME it will be no big deal as this is the closest and easiest place to go so I'll drop the $5 for the convenience factor.

Bob

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    But I dont get it, they make you watch a safety video and charge you to do it then hit you up again to use the range, how does that, whats that no other range does that...

Since it's the only place to shoot in central Indiana, they can pretty much charge what they want.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Since it's the only place to shoot in central Indiana, they can pretty much charge what they want.

It most definitely is not the only place to shoot in central Indiana.

I have no issue with having to watch the video, however charging someone for the video that you are forcing them to watch seems kind of silly to me.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    It most definitely is not the only place to shoot in central Indiana.

I have no issue with having to watch the video, however charging someone for the video that you are forcing them to watch seems kind of silly to me.

Uh, maybe, just maybe, I was being sarcastic. Didn't really think it needed to be in purple.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    In Brainard's Empire, there are no free lunches.

Moan all you want, but my property taxes are lower than just about anywhere, a trip from 96th to 146th takes 5 minutes (used to take 20), we have a great rec center, low crime, and good schools. It's a living hell.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Moan all you want, but my property taxes are lower than just about anywhere...

Not to turn this into the Carmel Politics thread, but we have the lowest taxes and the highest per capita debt for a city our size. Only one of those is a good thing. ;) The two together are unsustainable.

Fortunately, I think the gun range will do its part in helping the TIF revenue. :)

Top Bottom