• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Nextweek, your Senators are scheduled to vote on a so-called "universalbackground check" bill being pushed by lifelong anti-gun zealot, SenatorChuck Schumer. Schumer's bill would MAKEYOU A CRIMINAL if you simply transfer a firearm to an aunt,uncle, cousin or lifelong friend without the federal government's approval.

Even worse, President Barack Obama's Justice Department says that Schumer'sbill will only be effective if it's coupled with MANDATORY GUN REGISTRATION.

Pleasecall both of your U.S. Senators TODAY and tell them to vote "NO" onSchumer's "universal background check" bill. Simply call the Senateswitchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask to speak with your Senators by name.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Schummer is correct in that it will only work with a registration - and that is why it so immoral and dangerous. It is a logical progression. They will say that it is no big deal to have a UBC - "after all, don't you want the children to live". Then when that is complete, they can pull an oops and convince everyone that they must be registered for it to work effectively.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    Just did. I have to disagree with Silverspoon. I believe Donnelly has been pretty good with gun rights but I may be mistaken. I agree that background checks are fine, but there is no way in hell that I agree with the federal government having a list of what and how many firearms I own.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    My thought is this....if the people suggesting this registration portion of the bill want the votes needed, then in exchange, all the personal protection crews out there have to register their firearms and go through the same rigorous background checks they want me, Joe Q Public, to go through and see how many of them pass it. I would also mandate that they follow the "law of the land" and not fall under the LEO clause of magazine restrictions and be forced to carry semi-auto weapons as opposed to having full auto ones. They do that, and I MIGHT consider accepting UBC.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just did. I have to disagree with Silverspoon. I believe Donnelly has been pretty good with gun rights but I may be mistaken. I agree that background checks are fine, but there is no way in hell that I agree with the federal government having a list of what and how many firearms I own.

Background checks simply cannot work WITHOUT full registration of every firearm you own. You see, without registration, the government would have no way of knowing if you sold something without doing the background check. No way at all. And if they have no way of knowing, there's no point in passing this (unless of course they plan to implement full registration next).

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Having the right to keep and bear arms means that I shouldn't have to be subjected to a background check. It is my right and I shouldn't have to obtain the governments permission to purchase a firearm. In my opinion, this would be the same as being subjected to a background check before being able to join a church so that I could worship. Or, having to have a background check to be able to speak my opinion. No one would stand for that. These are rights and when we relinquish those rights to the government by allowing the government to permit us to own or purchase guns, then that right has become a privilege since it can be taken away at anytime.

Just my :twocents:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    how many in NY registered?
    Or in Australia and Great Britain. We need to take a stand with this one. I just wonder if they won't go state by state. If it's national I see groups from all over getting organized, but people in one state won't worry about another. "It won't happen to us" mentality. We have to stop the UBC now and we don't have to worry so much about registration.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I think people forget that shooting is a sport and hunting is a lot of fun. When we have to hide our guns in the closet and be afraid to practice or hunt because it would mean jail time because of not being registered. Thats also a sad part to all this.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Senator Coates' website says he signed a letter to Sen Reid opposing any additional gun control measures. That's great if it did happen but we need to keep the pressure on him to not waver in the face of all his reasonable colleagues.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Register what guns? I don't own any guns.....

I've got a couple crossbows. Think they will want them registered too?

Really, you don't have any? Well then, you failed to register your firearms and lost possession of them. Due to the wording of the law, you will now be sharing a jail cell with bubba for the better part of your adult life, and your children will be living with a foster family.

You can stop it now or enjoy that situation.

For the record, I've been writing my own letters detailing and picking apart individual elements of these bills.

Top Bottom