• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Whenever Beech Grove gets their indoor range up and going they stated they will have rentals also. But don't know the time table on that.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Personally I won't give Popguns another dime of my money. When I was there in the past their rental selection was small anyway.

OP do you have any specific models in mind?

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    You could always avoid Dons AND Pops and find an INGO member with the gun you wish to try and ask nicely. ;) (not a joke either, it really does work)

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Looking to purchase a few new CCW pistols and would like to try a few out before I buy. Is there anywhere to rent besides "Dons"?
    If you have the time, don't mind a road trip and are willing to pay $25/hr range charges you can go to Buds Gun shop outside of Louisville KY. They have a huge selection of gun rentals and they have great purchase prices.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Looking to purchase a few new CCW pistols and would like to try a few out before I buy. Is there anywhere to rent besides "Dons"?
    Mid West also might be an option but it is still a drive either way. The advantage of Midwest is you can leave with your gun purchase but with Buds you will have to do a FFL transfer.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Looking at the Glock 23, SIG 226 and 229, and a couple of the XD's. I don't have much experience with the DA triggers for the safety feature.
    quote=jd4320t;1474128]Personally I won't give Popguns another dime of my money. When I was there in the past their rental selection was small anyway.

OP do you have any specific models in mind?[/quote]

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I know Popguns has a P226 and a Glock to rent but you prolly won't find an XD there. I once asked an employee about an XD and he pretty much called me stupid then ignored me.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Seems like there aren't many fans of the XD's. Me, i'm not sure never fired one, the beavertail style safety just seems a little more safe to me, as i regularly have a 4 yr old climbing on me like a jungle gym. I'd hate to have some kinda toe hook put on that trigger (yes I know the holster will prevent that). Just kinda piece of mind for me being new to the DA action trigger style. BTW what is with that gay little (so called trigger safety all the company's seem to use standard on the stryker fire pistols)? Seems kind of not needed to me.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Seems like there aren't many fans of the XD's. Me, i'm not sure never fired one, the beavertail style safety just seems a little more safe to me, as i regularly have a 4 yr old climbing on me like a jungle gym. I'd hate to have some kinda toe hook put on that trigger (yes I know the holster will prevent that). Just kinda piece of mind for me being new to the DA action trigger style. BTW what is with that gay little (so called trigger safety all the company's seem to use standard on the stryker fire pistols)? Seems kind of not needed to me.

If you want to change the thread to Glock vs XD, then I can tell you, having fired both, it's pretty much personal preference.

You really just need to hold both and see which one you think fits you hand better, and how you feel about the size of the guns. They shoot about the same as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom