• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I recently sold a mini 14 to a guy who stated he was a collector . This was an original side folder like the A-team used . I see he now is selling on it armslist . asking for a handsome profit . does this bother anybody else ? I don't know what pisses me off more , that I could have got more , or that he was just blowing smoke up my ass .

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Life happens and bills pop up, medical, cars, etc.; could need the money. Anyway, IMO, after you sell it, it's his to do with what he pleases. Research should be made on the seller's end.

Please tell me you didn't sell it for $400 though

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm bothered you're bothered by it. It's his gun now. You sold it for what you thought was a fair price. If you let his story change your perception of "fair", that's your problem.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Once I sell something I have made my peace with it and I no longer own it. I have seen some of my stuff come up for sale not long after selling.
    I try not to leave enough "meat on the bone" to make it worth someone's time to re-sell it. You probably should have checked the current market on those.
    I do know that factory side folding Mini's have been collectible for years. Just because he's asking a certain amt. doesn't mean he will get it.
    But with the current political climate it is likely it will sell quickly.

I personally do not buy guns to re-sell them, if that were my "thing" I probably wouldn't say anything to a potential seller either, as it would likely blow a deal.
    In the future check the market before putting something up for sale.

By the way what else do you have?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Not unusual at all. I sold a rather unique gun to an INGO member several years ago and found it for sale on consignment at a LGS a week later. That would have given him a tidy profit but I doubt it sold for his asking price. At least I wanted to believe that! :rolleyes: As M67 stated, things change, finances come and go, buyer's remorse sets in, or the guy just thought he could turn a profit. In any case, you apparently reached a mutually satisfactory deal when you sold it to him. If you worry about stuff like that, you may never sell anything again.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You wanna be "tweaked" about selling something, try selling an EBR 2 weeks before Sandy Hook at the pre-SH normal prices. Then seeing htose prices double 2 weeks after you sold when you were planning to replace it with a different EBR.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There are some people that will always lie to you when making a deal, I guess they think it gives them a leg up. Even if you do your homework ahead of time, there are still gonna be times you find out you could have gotten more. It's just the nature of things that don't really have a set value, but it evens out in the long run. It's really not worth stressing about.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I had a coworker who bugged me for months about buying a pair of Toppers I had. I sold them to him and the next day he had them listed on Armslist as being owned by his grandfather since new.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is becoming the Norm.
    Even some of our 50 post wonders will ty and lowball an already good deal to see a profit.
    Carpet baggers are every where.

"But".....once it is sold it is gone. I can usually smell a turd but some guys are just slimy slick.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is becoming the Norm.
    Even some of our 50 post wonders will ty and lowball an already good deal to see a profit.
    Carpet baggers are every where.

"But".....once it is sold it is gone. I can usually smell a turd but some guys are just slimy slick.

For me I wasn't mad at the buyer or the deal. I think we both made out OK. It was jus the timing. I had planned to go buy either an AR or Mini-14 at the next 1500 with that money and the prices doubled overnight basically so I went almost 18 months without a true rifle in the house (.22's don't count). I felt nekkid.

Top Bottom