• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I admit I spent some money but not like what I saw early on. What issues did you have and how did you work around them. I did purchase one long gun, but it was in normal price range.

My focus was on parts and some are still on backorder, but were not overpriced. I can wait.

Do tell....

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I spent less because I put on hold my normal monthly gun budget and just worked off stocks for the most part. I bought about one tenth the stuff I normally buy during that time period and didn't overspend for any of it.

I did have to wait 13 weeks for a new BCG after I blew one up during load development, but I had spares. I also spent a month looking for an XDs without paying a premium before I found one.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Purchase 2 last weekend. There still deals out there but you just have to look a little harder.

Ruger American 30-06 $320
    Savage Arms Model 42 $200

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I purchased no firearms or major components since the stupid prices of Q1 came along. I had an upper, at a good price, mailed just before Newtown. It was a screaming good price once Feinstien opened her mouth.
    I did purchase a few more standard AR mags once the prices came back down to $10/ea earlier this month. I wish I had sold some mags at $50/ea on flea-bay just to buy back new ones at 1/5 the cost two months later.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I paided MSRP on a bushmaster =o !! But that was in the mits of things and it was my first AR purchase. I didn't wanna be the only one without one.. Haha. Besides that I really didnt buy anything overpriced. I can wait.

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    I've picked up a few things but nothing at panic prices and nothing that wasn't already a semi-planned purchase prior to all this mess.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I bought a new handgun in the middle of this mess, for what I consider to be a great pre-rush price.

I also bought some ammo last week (300 rounds) for about 15% higher than the best price I remember seeing pre-rush. Not terrible, all things considered.

My issue has been more around availability than price (think .22LR). Deals are few and far between, but still out there. Then again, I'm not in the AR-15 market.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I spent thousands, but really didn't spend that much more than retail for most of it. Right place, right time sort of stuff. I did overpay for a couple of items, but nothing obscene like a 2k Base AR. I made a bit selling some old stuff off for more than I paid, but significantly less than panic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since you say gun rush, I am just addressing guns. I think I made out. I sold a WASR at a gun show at the peak of the scare and then used that money to buy a nice "sniper" rifle, which was at normal price and not jumped up from the scare. I haven't bought any ammo during the increase.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not as much as a lot of people. I received a C&R about two months ago so I picked up a 1929 Mosin, Chinese SKS, and some accessories and ammo for each. Total for everything was maybe $600.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I spent 25 cents a round on some 22lr match ammo (was all I could find) on 200 rounds for an appleseed.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I waited patiently until I got the deals I wanted. I paid pre-panic prices on EVERYTHING I have purchased this year, including ammo. I never saw that "desperate need" to pay anything over normal retail. Heck, I even got 6.5 grendel dies from RCBS on sale, brand new for 26.95 on sale. :P

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I spent $80 too much on a handgun that was supposed to cost $900. They were on back order everywhere so I decided to pay the shops price rather than to wait. I did pay $10 per brick too much for some primers. Other than that, I have been sitting on my wallet and waiting until things stabilize. I hope my ammo components hold out until then.

I do see something at ranges that I think is a benefit. Since ammo is scarce and expensive, I see a lot more people developing accurate, disciplined shooting skills, rather than blasting away like they are lighting off whole packs of fire crackers. Even when the ammo gets plentiful again, those marksmanship skills will still be valuable.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I admit I spent some money but not like what I saw early on. What issues did you have and how did you work around them. I did purchase one long gun, but it was in normal price range.
    My focus was on parts and some are still on backorder, but were not overpriced. I can wait. Do tell....

My son and I collect both firearms and ammo. We also reload just about everything - and cast most bullets.

Haven't really bought much since the panic. Have a great stock so don't really need anything. Bought a few items at Gun shows, (primers at $35 /M)- some used dies and molds, few .223 and .30 cal bullets - all at decent prices nothing at over 10% of pre-panic prices. Haven't purchased any firearms since last year except a couple of Garand's at CMP.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I bought nothing at panic pricing. I managed to find some mags for my Sig and my wife's Bersa at pre-panic pricing back in January and bought them on the spot since I needed some anyway.

Top Bottom