• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Ordered a gun safe for Christmas and was notified it finally arrived. I was going to pick it up tomorrow. I get an email this afternoon stating that it was damaged in transit and that I could come in and look at said damage and decide to live with it or decline and have them order me another one. I can live with finish scratches but a dent or ding would probably not ensure the fire seal on the door. Is there anything specific that I need to watch out for? This is my first purchase of a safe. :xmad:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You should check to make sure a drop didn't engage the relocker(s), which would make the safe unuseable. Check if any of the welds got popped. Honestly, I'd have another shipped.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    You should check to make sure a drop didn't engage the relocker(s), which would make the safe unuseable. Check if any of the welds got popped. Honestly, I'd have another shipped.

Totally agree , you paid for a new safe , so you might as well get what you paid for .

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Was leaning that direction but this one took 6 weeks to be delivered. Not sure I want to wait another 6?

To Spearheadersarge,

You know you want to wait buddy! In the long run it will take a tremendous amount of stress off of your shoulders to make certain that six (6) monthes down the road something that doesn't work "just right" will cause you fits.

It is annoying to have to wait any longer. You have made plans for this, but it will be less stressful for you to make certain with something this important that it will always work the way you want it to.

I would pressure them as strongly as possible to expedite the next safe for you, as this one should have been yours. Make certain you are ready to compliment them for the decency of great customer service or condemn them for horrible customer service, whichever they earn. If they resist expediting another push to speak to a manager or owner to get this sorted out.

Good luck!

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Upon inspecting the damage, I decided to re-order my item. There were numerous areas with scratches and paint flaking off but one area on the door hinge side was actually misformed/indented. The shipping box was totally destroyed and the safe was not secured to the shipping pallet. No one could confirm that it had toppled over but that would be my guess. The retailer didn't seem too concerned as it was covered under the shipper's insurance for the damage apparently. They gave me a big discount (25%) to ease my heartburn over ordering a new one but it will not be here for 7 or 8 weeks. Needless to say, I was not happy. I guess that is what you get for dealing with one of the big box stores! :noway::noway::noway:

Top Bottom