• ...and so much more!
  • snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    Just to muddy the waters a little.
    I have a close friend that got dis-interested in his firearms and simply put them in a normal gun case with that "egg shell" foam and then placed that along with all related firearm "stuff" in a cardboard box and stored all that in his attic for better than 10yrs.
    Now he is back into his firearms. After that "slumber" the firearm and equipment endured, there was ZERO problem.
    If I didn't see it with my own to eyes I would not have believed it. No rust/corrosion of any kind.
    I know it's not like an enclosed/sealed container that could "sweat" but I'm still surprised.
    Good luck with your safe storage issue.

gmiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    The main issue you'd run into is condensation. A dehumidifier will only help if your safe is air tight enough so that the dehumidifier can remove humidity faster than air gets in. The actual temperature doesn't matter, inside or out, it's all about whether the temperature inside the safe is below the dew point.

But most guns are hardy enough to endure some water here and there. So I'd imagine the wear would be imperceptible from the normal wear on a gun. But I'm keeping mine inside just in case.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Thanks for input. I feel a little better about the idea of using the garage. Now I'll need find away to conceal the safe...usually during the summer the garage is open quite a bit since I'd rather be tinkering in the garage than sitting inside. The space is going to be the problem the garage is already full too. I'm starting to think that I just need to buy a new house with some property:D

Top Bottom