• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Getting ready to move in a month....need to move my safe to a downstairs location. I don't care to risk my brothers backs' moving a 800 lb safe.

I see Vault Movers? in Carmel gets good reviews. I have contacted them...anyone that does this in the Columbus Indiana area that anyone knows of?

Thanks,

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I've been carrying these numbers in my phone for a while. They were both referred to me. I've never used or talked with either. I don't even remember who gave them to me but I'm pretty sure Remarkable moves or did move safes for one of the gun shops here in Southern IN. I believe Orion Arms. Hope it helps.
    Remarkable Safe Moving 502-681-3719
    James Safe Guy 260-417-1345

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Getting ready to move in a month....need to move my safe to a downstairs location. I don't care to risk my brothers backs' moving a 800 lb safe.

I see Vault Movers? in Carmel gets good reviews. I have contacted them...anyone that does this in the Columbus Indiana area that anyone knows of?

Thanks,

Vault Movers would have been the one I suggested (to be transparent, I have talked to them and they gave me some great advice, but I did not end up using/needing their services at the time). If I do need a safe moved I would definitely contact them again.

That said, I understand Johnson Safes will also move safes that are not theirs. I have called them in the past as well and I believe they confirmed that, but I had much more discussion with Vault Movers.

Some info and examples of their work:

https://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalSafeandVault

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    I had Remarkable (Mark) move a Browning out of the basement and deliver to my new address. Reasonable and efficient. Very nice crew, too. Father and son with a helper. All the right tools and a custom truck designed to move safes.

DSC01454_zps9mxpdjr8.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had Remarkable (Mark) move a Browning out of the basement and deliver to my new address. Reasonable and efficient. Very nice crew, too. Father and son with a helper. All the right tools and a custom truck designed to move safes.

DSC01454_zps9mxpdjr8.jpg

Nice! Any contact info?

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    What about the locksmith and safe guy on 11th street by Washington street? Name escapes me

His name is Steve and is a great guy. Fair priced for the quality work he does and he knows his stuff, but I'm not sure about safe moving. He would definitely know of someone who could help locally if he wasn't able to move it himself.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My brother had his safe moved.
    All it took was two cousins on crack jerking it through the house with a pickup truck and a long chain.
    They're sooo very fortunate that he follows Christ's teachings.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Dredging this back up. I talked to professional safe and vault once. Estimate he gave scared me as it was half price of safe to get it in to basement. This was due to complexity of my house. We moved it to new house ourselves and put it in garage until we could decide final plan. We shouldn’t have done any of move ourself as it scratched it a bit but we only had 7 days to vacate old house...and I had army of people.

Regrouping now. Wife has agreed to place on first floor for it. Now I can’t get a call back from professional safe and vault. He may have written me off. So will move on to remarkable. May be a vacation issue or something...but gotta get it moved.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dredging this back up. I talked to professional safe and vault once. Estimate he gave scared me as it was half price of safe to get it in to basement. This was due to complexity of my house. We moved it to new house ourselves and put it in garage until we could decide final plan. We shouldn’t have done any of move ourself as it scratched it a bit but we only had 7 days to vacate old house...and I had army of people.

Regrouping now. Wife has agreed to place on first floor for it. Now I can’t get a call back from professional safe and vault. He may have written me off. So will move on to remarkable. May be a vacation issue or something...but gotta get it moved.

I've been having the same issue with Professional Safe and Vault on getting a response. I contacted them via email and initially got a response asking for some pictures, which I then sent and it was like a month (with several follow ups from me in there) when he finally called me. He asked for some measurements which I got that evening and emailed him back, and again, several weeks have passed with no follow up. And I told him I was very interested in purchasing safe directly from him and having them deliver it so it was a one stop shop, and he was supposed to get back to me with some options.

Not sure what is going on with him as when I talked to him previously he was very responsive.

I'll probably give him one more chance on Monday with a call and then write him off. Unfortunate.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Finishing this out...

Professional Safe and vault came through for me. Called me out of the blue early this week(could very well have been a vacaton thing...he had a good tan! lol). I had talked to remarkable last week. Said he was just up this way, would be expensive...but had a big job for the DHS in Indy that he was going to do soon and would find out status and call me back. He never called me back and PSV called. So I went ahead with them to get it moved.

Came out, truck, trailer(fancy! trailer for lilfting heavy ****) and a fancy furniture cart. Way more physical labor involved than I thought. Figured fancy dolley, etc, little manhandling. Nope, lots of man handling. They heaved a 1000 lb safe up the 4 steps to my front door. On front porch, transitioned it and used this fancy battery furniture cart to get it in house. Then proceeded to take it on 'sliders' across our carpet. Lol. Pretty DIY looking, but worked fine. Hardest thing he did, that I couldn't do....was he was behind safe, in the nook when it went in, and heav hoe'd himself up with his arm muscles over top of safe and back down. lol.

He waxed safe for me, adjusted door stops(spring steel that keeps door tight against seals) and informed me that I had left hte packing tape on the seals for 8 yrs...and the safe would not have sealed in a fire. Lol.

Anyway, its done...now to move in.

Question. 42" wide safe in a 47" hole. Locked in pretty much. Bolt it to floor? I am thiniking I will...with big ass fender washers up from bottom(its a basement, shoudl be able to put wrench on bottom of bolts).

As a final suggestion for Columbus area peeps. PSV was expensive as it was a 2 hr trip for them total, from their office....plus 2 hrs at the house. I paid for that. Neighbor said he had Honeymoon Haulers in Columbus move a safe upstairs for him...so they would have been my next call.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Thanks,

I would be very, very careful about who knows you have a safe and even more so about who you have help you move it. The #1 security feature for safes is that people don't know you have it. They'll stop a casual thief who just notices it, but they won't stop someone who knows you have it and believes (whether true or not) there is something inside that is of sufficient value to them that they will do what it takes to get it. In fact, I think the perception or anticipation of the value of the contents is far more motivating to thieves than what may actually be inside.

If I owned a safe and I needed it move, I would not choose to hire a general mover. You have no idea who will be involved or who will have access to the records.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Finishing this out...

Professional Safe and vault came through for me. Called me out of the blue early this week(could very well have been a vacaton thing...he had a good tan! lol). I had talked to remarkable last week. Said he was just up this way, would be expensive...but had a big job for the DHS in Indy that he was going to do soon and would find out status and call me back. He never called me back and PSV called. So I went ahead with them to get it moved.

Came out, truck, trailer(fancy! trailer for lilfting heavy ****) and a fancy furniture cart. Way more physical labor involved than I thought. Figured fancy dolley, etc, little manhandling. Nope, lots of man handling. They heaved a 1000 lb safe up the 4 steps to my front door. On front porch, transitioned it and used this fancy battery furniture cart to get it in house. Then proceeded to take it on 'sliders' across our carpet. Lol. Pretty DIY looking, but worked fine. Hardest thing he did, that I couldn't do....was he was behind safe, in the nook when it went in, and heav hoe'd himself up with his arm muscles over top of safe and back down. lol.

He waxed safe for me, adjusted door stops(spring steel that keeps door tight against seals) and informed me that I had left hte packing tape on the seals for 8 yrs...and the safe would not have sealed in a fire. Lol.

Anyway, its done...now to move in.

Question. 42" wide safe in a 47" hole. Locked in pretty much. Bolt it to floor? I am thiniking I will...with big ass fender washers up from bottom(its a basement, shoudl be able to put wrench on bottom of bolts).

As a final suggestion for Columbus area peeps. PSV was expensive as it was a 2 hr trip for them total, from their office....plus 2 hrs at the house. I paid for that. Neighbor said he had Honeymoon Haulers in Columbus move a safe upstairs for him...so they would have been my next call.

Good to know. Funny thing is I called him back about 30 minutes before reading this as I finally got time to do so. He still had not responded to multiple emails, but seemed to remember the details from email I had sent him. He was on the road and is supposed to send me some links regarding safes he would recommend, and that he sells (also said he may have some used safes, which would be fine with me if it saves me some $$).

We'll see if he comes through or not.

Top Bottom