Gun Shop - North of Evansville (Haubstadt, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I just wanted to let everyone know of a little gun shop just north of Evansville (Haubstadt, IN) called Right to Bear Arms. I was unaware of this shop until very recently and stopped in over the weekend. It's a nice clean little shop and you should visit it. They carry some items that the local shops don't and prices are reasonable with exception to the ammo. Some of their bulk target 9mm was ok.

I just found their website and looks like they are getting it up and running. https://righttobeararms.us

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I am just getting ready to order the same thing from him in Glock 17. How do you like yours? I've heard some horror stories about long break in periods.

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    I just started going to this store and was treated great the first time I went. The owners are very nice and helpful. The second time I went there on a Saturday I didn't have the same experience. It wasn't busy but no one even said hello. I asked about getting a smith an Wesson 9mm shield an got put on the waiting list which is fine. Was told I was 5th on the list. I called today an asked if they know about when they might be getting anymore in. Lady on the phone said I was 9th on the list. Is this common to get bumped down? First time being on a waiting list for me.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    i would say this is not normal kelsie, the whole idea of being on a waiting list is so you can reserve your spot. if you were number five then as soon as the four before you got their pistols you should have been next. id take in the receipt if you have one and politely ask if someone made a mistake regarding your place on the list. or look for the salesperson who helped you and maybe they might remember you if it hasnt been that long.

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    See, thats kinda what i was thinking. I didnt get a reciept all they done was take my name and phone number. Im assuming the person who told me the first time just made a mistake an counted wrong? Hopefully they didnt add friends/buddies above me... :dunno:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Just a heads up they also sell online, so on popular guns you can expect waiting until the guns are not being sold for above MSRP before you will even have a chance at one.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have known one of the owners for 20 plus years. They are good people from what I know of them. Cannot speak as to the way they run their shop though, but he is always been super friendly.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just a heads up they also sell online, so on popular guns you can expect waiting until the guns are not being sold for above MSRP before you will even have a chance at one.

Only firearm I'm aware of they did this on was KSG from keltec. These guns are going for insane pricing on Gunbroker.

They hooked me up with 9mm Shield & SR1911 very fair prices. I've still not seen a SR1911 in stock for what I paid.

In there weekly or more, never heard them say anything about bumping people on waiting list. Do you remember who you spoke with first time?

Top Bottom