• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    You might be unaware, but there are some reckless, foolish people out there and some of them are carrying.

You remind me of a cartoon I once saw in a magazine. A druggist is admonishing his checkout girl, telling her that she has to sell the men condoms when they ask for them, even if she doesn't think that they deserve to get laid.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    So, training is important, but you haven't put your own time or money into getting any. You might want to take a class or two before you advocate that others be mandated by law to do the same.

Considering he already has the training and has taught, how much more do you think he needs to train himself?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, given a sufficient level of state approved training....
    Dang, they must have changed that on me at some point.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I would actually be all for mandatory training. Of course, I can't give the liberals an inch because they will try to stretch it a mile but I think it's nuts to let anyone get a LTCH with zero training or experience at all with a gun. Have you ever seen someone who has never shot a gun before use one?? It can be quite a thing to witness. I used to watch people bounce rounds off the flight deck of the ship while we were doing qualifications at sea. When you are shooting M14s at 25 yards and you see sparks coming off the deck and holes in the knife edge it's kinda scary. A .308 will punch through but a 9mm or 00 buck will come back at you and I have seen it happen.

So yeah, just anyone carrying a weapon with no training in regards to marksmanship, safety, or deadly force, IMHO, is a terrible idea and an accident waiting to happen.

Yeah, sure. Me in favor of trampling on the constitution. You have no idea what you are saying. But if talking out of your hind end gives you a "warm fuzzy" then go right ahead. If you would read my initial post, I said I would be in favor of training, having seen what an untrained person is capable of with a firearm. I never actually endorsed it, on account of you can't give the libs an inch or they try to take it a mile. Get it??

Being in favor of mandatory training and simply in favor of training are 2 different things.

I don't believe any of us in this discussion are against training. We are against mandatory training that is not only required to exercise our 2A rights but that "proficiency" is to be determined by some bureaucrat that doesn't have a clue about what he/she is legislating.

You can't have it both ways. You are in favor of mandatory training, as stated in your first post in this thread. That is an infringement, period.

Thanks you for your service but you are wrong for requiring training in order for us to exercise a God given right.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Being in favor of mandatory training and simply in favor of training are 2 different things.

I don't believe any of us in this discussion are against training. We are against mandatory training that is not only required to exercise our 2A rights but that "proficiency" is to be determined by some bureaucrat that doesn't have a clue about what he/she is legislating.

You can't have it both ways. You are in favor of mandatory training, as stated in your first post in this thread. That is an infringement, period.

Thanks you for your service but you are wrong for requiring training in order for us to exercise a God given right.

LS&B Nailed it.

Take your government mandatory whatever, roll it up tightly and cram it wherever you cram things.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Considering he already has the training and has taught, how much more do you think he needs to train himself?

Thinking "I have had enough training" or "I was trained 20 years ago in Boot Camp" etc, can be as dangerous as thinking "I don't need any training".

The main discussion here isn't whether or not gun owners need training, but whether or not we want the Government to mandate it..

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    I just watched a court show a couple hours ago. A man and his wife moved into what turned out to be a "bad" neighborhood. (Guess they were too busy to check it out first.) The wife felt uncomfortable so she wanted her husband to get a gun so he could "protect her." So he bought a handgun. (They never said what it was.) The gun shop owner, who he was suing, spent a few minutes showing him how it worked and the guy took it home. He mentioned a safety so I'm guessing it was a semi-auto. Not long afterwards someone broke into their home. The husband grabbed the gun, went down the stairs, saw someone with a gun, pointed his and pulled the trigger and nothing happened. The burglar did the same and shot him in the arm. So now the husband is so traumatized he is suing for therapy because the dealer sold him a faulty gun. He never once fired a round out of it. Never went to the range at all. He "read the manual." Fortunately the judge dismissed his case. I'm wondering if he put the mag in and failed to chamber a round. I'm hoping he sold the gun because he's more of a danger than an asset to himself and his wife. I mean, I'm not a weed eater person. I don't collect them. I don't have a number of different ones. I don't read books about them or discuss them on a forum. But I most certainly figure out how one works by reading the manual and trying it out before I cut myself or someone else to pieces with it. And I wouldn't sue the dealer or manufacturer if I was too stupid to get it started.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I hope I wont have to start getting mandated training and licensed to exercise my other constitutional rights :( It would suck to have to get a license and go through training to post on Facebook or talk to someone on the street.

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This Mike guy apparently has a shop? Where is it, I'd like to make sure Illinois gun owners know to avoid it like the plague.

He is Michael Weisser, owner of the Ware Gun Shop in Ware, MA. Illinois gun owners need not worry about him.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Guys, it is called "Beaten Gun Owner Syndrome".

He is from Massachusetts now in Illinois. He has grown up and spent his adult life seeking permission to exercise rights that we do not even blink to achieve.

This attitude is common in Europe. It is no different in Illinois for some.

The bill should be vetoed but my reasoning is far different than his.:D

Very similar to Stockholm Syndrome.

Top Bottom