• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Ok, I'm sure this has been said before... Has anyone been to Midwest gun exchange in Mishawaka and just been plane ignored? This is the third time I have been in there since all this crap has started and every time I feel like a ghost. If you don't track them down or interrupt them you won't get service. I will remember the poor service they have when this blows over and take my money elsewhere even if that means I have to pay more! I went there Sunday and was standing directly in front of the ammo the sales rep was helping a guy standing next to me. When he was done with that guy he didn't bother to even look at me just took off in the other direction... Those sales guys are all over the place... Get a game plan give guys a zone or dept to work in. They need some major help in the employee training and team work dept!

:xmad:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Were they slammed busy? Maybe they need some help...
    Ever thought about inquiring about part time employment (at least til this panicky stuff calms down)?
    You might find it fun and fairly rewarding. :)

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    I get all the hours I want at my current job.. They are slammed because they don't know how to handle the customers efficently. They have costomers with tons of ?'s and some that just want to make a quick purchase and get out. Maybe they could lay out the store better so the ammo and other quick sale items are not located behind the conter with guns.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I get all the hours I want at my current job.. They are slammed because they don't know how to handle the customers efficently. They have costomers with tons of ?'s and some that just want to make a quick purchase and get out. Maybe they could lay out the store better so the ammo and other quick sale items are not located behind the conter with guns.

The ammo isn't on open-to-shoppers shelves? Hmm...that's not really conducive to an "in and out" stop for ammo. Mention it to them.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Had a similar experience trying to buy a suppressor at 21st Century. Was ignored for a good hour. When I finally was asked if I needed help and pointing out I had over a grand on me for a suppressor I was told they had no 9mm can's left in stock except for one Tyrant 9S which was on display. I tried to leave info to be notified when they get more suppressors in but was never called. At that point I said screw it and gave Down By The Tracks a try and I am glad I did because I am now waiting for my form 4's to be processed. They will be my go to place from now on should I ever buy another NFA item.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The thing is sometimes I think it's hard to tell if it's because of all the "madness" since December or plain arrogance that some shops had befor hand. I had a similar experience when I stoped by applied Ballistics in Layfayette. First time in ther and I had my hands full of items I was going to buy but after about 10 minutes of getting blown off and the crowd of Tactical Jonnies running around I just put it down and left. I won't be back.

A lot of us try to stay loyal to some LGS but with arrogance like that it's no wonder places like Bud's thrive and are growing, just order what you want, no hassle, no "I was on a SEAL team" or "you won't live through the night with that 22 lever it's not tactical enough" stories just in and out with what you want!

There are some good LGS's around but like a good dog if you find one you better keep it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Thing is, even befoe the panic Midwest Gun Exchange had terrible customer service

In the old store that wasn't normally the case. I went there a lot, talked to the employes quite a bit, and bought a lot of firearms from them back then.

With the new store, it really is hard to get anyone to wait on you for some reason...even if they aren't busy. It was that way well before the recent panic.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Their customer service has always sucked.

You have to be rude to get a employees attention if you want something. You will stand there all day if you don't.

I have gotten used to it, and just expect it when I walk through the door. I don't even feel bad interrupting if I have to.

tyler79durdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    my lgs has had a bad habit of poor customer service. I try to justify this like my wife would... Its a bunch of guys who cant multitask very well.

tyler79durdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Gun shop service in general is why I buy 99% of my firearms related items online.

I completely agree there. Amazon has a bookmark in my browser and it suggests items based on my shopping history. All off it is firearm related. Forum classifieds are a great tool also. Hope to be there soon...

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Im in PA and there is one lgs that Ive bought 2 rifles and 1 pistol at, boxes of ammo and a case or two so the guy I would think would remember me. This is a brand new shop this past summer and there's 3 owners. Every time I go there, there's a bunch of people in there and if your not buying a gun of some sort, your on your own for the most part. Now, in this guys defense he's usually by himself 80% of the time so he's busier than heck but Ive also been in there when it was me and another guy and still kind of got the cold shoulder. People are just people and some shouldn't be in retail sales,lol Customer service is usually less than stellar these days no matter what store it is.

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I am a fairly regular customer there. I think a lot of the people that go there are just lookers and not buyers and IMO showing guns to alot of people who don't buy anything all day can be a drag. When I go there I am usually asked pretty quick (maybe because they recognize me and know that I usually buy something). I do agree with the ammo being behind the counter is not customer friendly for a quick buy, but usually their specials on ammo are in bulk on the floor. I don't think service in any gunstore I have been in lately has been stellar!

Top Bottom