• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well after seeing Jerry on the news this evening, I'm definitely getting over there to see him. I was thinking about getting him something, outside of chocolates or McDonald's. Anybody have an idea? Wanted to show him we are thankful he's still alive. I'd really like to at least buy another firearm from him.

buy some ammo from him.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well after seeing Jerry on the news this evening, I'm definitely getting over there to see him. I was thinking about getting him something, outside of chocolates or McDonald's. Anybody have an idea? Wanted to show him we are thankful he's still alive. I'd really like to at least buy another firearm from him.

I drove past there today. It was closed but there was something going on at the shop, looked like a lot of people and some detective cars.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks god the owner and the staff are going to be fine. Hopefully yhe kids will be charged as adults. What a bunch of low life's. People raise your kids right! I am a single parent and I know where my kids are and who they hang with. I am sure they slip something pass me every now and then but over all I'd say I know what my kids are up to.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I drove past there today. It was closed but there was something going on at the shop, looked like a lot of people and some detective cars.

What time I was there from 230-7?

Thanks god the owner and the staff are going to be fine. Hopefully yhe kids will be charged as adults. What a bunch of low life's. People raise your kids right! I am a single parent and I know where my kids are and who they hang with. I am sure they slip something pass me every now and then but over all I'd say I know what my kids are up to.

They will be. There trying for the 15 year old too. I was just out there talking to him so I can tell the whole story and whats going on if requested.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I also drove by today, but thought it was closed, around 1-ish. Figured Jerry was probably recovering or something.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    What time I was there from 230-7?

Right about 5:10pm. I stopped in at K&T and picked up some cleaner, the girl there (Erin I think) said that the guys had stopped and loaded in their parking lot before going over to Shooters.

Were the police over there or was that someone else's CV?

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Right about 5:10pm. I stopped in at K&T and picked up some cleaner, the girl there (Erin I think) said that the guys had stopped and loaded in their parking lot before going over to Shooters.

Were the police over there or was that someone else's CV?

Police were in and out all day. The county cop who found them downtown stopped in and then later an unmarked car that was a New Haven Detective came to talk to him and try to get his wallet back.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? Because I have HEARD first hand punk kids say things like, "I've BEEN to boys school, you don't scare me!"

Boy's school ain't jail, and it'd doubtful that any kid/adult that commits a crime leading to possible incarceration waits around to be taken into custody.
    I don't deny that going to jail lends some credibility within the scumbag world but to say that most criminals seek to go to jail to get that cred is ridiculous.

I've met more than a few people that "ask" to be taken to jail, that end up "boo-hooing," in the back of the squad, when the "request" is granted.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Boy's school ain't jail, and it'd doubtful that any kid/adult that commits a crime leading to possible incarceration waits around to be taken into custody.
    I don't deny that going to jail lends some credibility within the scumbag world but to say that most criminals seek to go to jail to get that cred is ridiculous.

I've met more than a few people that "ask" to be taken to jail, that end up "boo-hooing," in the back of the squad, when the "request" is granted.
    I thought you were just saying they don't think incarceration = 'cred'. Mea Culpa.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All the perps are in custody. One is 15, the others are old enough to HANG.............:yesway:

Hang? For what exactly? Robbery and battery? I dont recall anyone losing their lives in this instance. And why the specific ppunishment of hanging? If a person is deserving of capital punishment, why use a method that last saw frequent use in the 19th century? Is there something I'm missing here?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hang? For what exactly? Robbery and battery? I dont recall anyone losing their lives in this instance. And why the specific ppunishment of hanging? If a person is deserving of capital punishment, why use a method that last saw frequent use in the 19th century? Is there something I'm missing here?

How about attempted murder? Did you miss the part where there was a shot fired at Jerry? Hanging, hell yeah. Make it public too. Let people know that if you try to kill someone while robbing them, you will be publicly hanged for it. What's wrong with that? Maybe we should just keep slapping people on the wrists and put them right back on the streets to repeat their actions. Because that really seems to be working. :n00b:

Sgt.Schlitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Evansville

I did not say that most criminals seek to go to jail to get street cred. I said that a segment of our society wants to go to jail. I'm sorry if I was not clear in my post.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about attempted murder? Did you miss the part where there was a shot fired at Jerry? Hanging, hell yeah. Make it public too. Let people know that if you try to kill someone while robbing them, you will be publicly hanged for it. What's wrong with that? Maybe we should just keep slapping people on the wrists and put them right back on the streets to repeat their actions. Because that really seems to be working. :n00b:

Attempted murder is exactly what it says, "attempted." No one is dead. I will not support capital punishment in cases where no one has lost their life, or received serious permanent disability (like paralyzation)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Attempted murder is exactly what it says, "attempted." No one is dead. I will not support capital punishment in cases where no one has lost their life, or received serious permanent disability (like paralyzation)

Not really weighing in on this case, but I've never understood why there's a lesser penalty for attempted murder than actual murder. Your motivations and willingness to take a life were the same, you just sucked at it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not really weighing in on this case, but I've never understood why there's a lesser penalty for attempted murder than actual murder. Your motivations and willingness to take a life were the same, you just sucked at it.

Because one, in the Libertarian sense, must prove "injury" to another. Punishing intent is a very slippery slope.

Top Bottom