• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've never found just one shop to satisfy my gun needs. Indy 1500 at one time was great but the last few times I've been, it's been flea market crap, high prices and limited selection. Bob, Bradis, Midwest, Kieslers, Albros, Jenkins, Elmore's, Gander Mountain, Buds' etc, I've bought from them all but we need a Gun Superstore about the size of a Super Wal-Mart, a one stop shop. Skids of reasonably priced ammo and a nonstop gun selection. One can only dream :draw:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Crackshot guns in anderson, yea pops is closer. But.....The owner takes time with people and treats you like you human. Customer service is what its all about.

I shop at Crackshot also and customer service is excellent. Its the only gun shop left in Anderson so I try to buy everything from them. I would hate to see the only gun shop in town go under, like the other 4 shops have in the last 10 years. They have a good selection and will order anything that they don't have. Basic gunsmithing but if you want a Berreta 92f accurized or an old mauser drilled and tapped they can't help.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    <<<<<
    Midwest Gun Exchange-Mishawaka
    Midwest Gun and Range-ElkhartZX Guns-Goshen>>>>>

When I lived in Elkhart I ran a business in the same industrial part as Midwest Gun Range and at that time it was called Shooters. Was a member from the start till I moved. Very nice range with great equipment and always clean. Hope it is still the same way today.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I buy at Indiana Arms & Ammo on W Indiana Ave. in South Bend. Steve is a nice guy, needs business. It's convenient he's right around the corner from my office. He also happens to be almost directly across the street from the Hell's Angels MC house. His prices are fair; he doesn't have much in stock, but can order from Zander's, Shirk, or any of the big distributors.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    <<<<<
    Midwest Gun Exchange-Mishawaka
    Midwest Gun and Range-ElkhartZX Guns-Goshen>>>>>

When I lived in Elkhart I ran a business in the same industrial part as Midwest Gun Range and at that time it was called Shooters. Was a member from the start till I moved. Very nice range with great equipment and always clean. Hope it is still the same way today.

Well it isn't exactly the same, I'd say it is better than when it was Shooters.A larger selection of firearms, remodeled inside, machine gun rentals, classes, VIP membership available.I haven't shot there since Midwest bought it because I belong to the Elkhart Rifle and Pistol Club, but they stay busy.If you ever travel back up this way check it out.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    <<<<<Well it isn't exactly the same, I'd say it is better than when it was Shooters.A larger selection of firearms, remodeled inside, machine gun rentals, classes, VIP membership available.I haven't shot there since Midwest bought it because I belong to the Elkhart Rifle and Pistol Club, but they stay busy.If you ever travel back up this way check it out.[/quote]>>>

Do you know what they get for a membership now? I think it was around $125 back in the mid 90's. I never bought anything from them as I had my FFL and own little gun business back then. I did shoot there quite often and introduced my youngest child to target practice at Shooters. It was not loud and had good ventilation if I remember correctly. The shop itself was not that big.

Top Bottom