• sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    534217_410328902348966_2071075275_n.jpg

Banner engaged.
    I was there today. Good to see ya again.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow!!
    I did not see that ending coming, and figured I'd be seeing you soon at the store for a mag!! Glad they found it... I hope if the "friend" was trying to pull a fast one (instead of a genuine mistake) they tossed his butt out.

I was already counting up what it would cost me. I was surprised at how aggressively they responded and searched for the mag. Good folks!! I do not know what they did about the liar who tried to steal it. I think they just let it ride, but I left immediately and do not know for sure.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was already counting up what it would cost me. I was surprised at how aggressively the responded and searched for the mag. Good folks!! I do not know what they did about the liar who tried to steal it. I think they just let it ride, but I left immediately and do not know for sure.

This is what should have happened: 1) When you were asked to leave the mag with them at the door, you should have gotten a receipt/ticket of some sort linking you to the mag 2) They should have an area not visible to the public to store/keep said items (ie. safe or lockbox) 3) The guard should know better, especially since you didn't have a "friend" with you upon entering the establishment
    Just my :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is what should have happened: 1) When you were asked to leave the mag with them at the door, you should have gotten a receipt/ticket of some sort linking you to the mag 2) They should have an area not visible to the public to store/keep said items (ie. safe or lockbox) 3) The guard should know better, especially since you didn't have a "friend" with you upon entering the establishment
    Just my :twocents:

Agreed. I thought about the need for a receipt, but decided we are all gun owners and good folks; so I decided to trust the guard. The more I thought about it the more concerned I became. I actually decided to leave earlier than planned because I was concerned. I should have put the mag and weapon in my truck for the duration, but I am always nervous about that, too.

I think the guard was getting some serious instruction by the man in charge when I left. They realized their system was not work and were trying to improve things. I think the guard was just a nice guy who made a mistake. It sure irks me that even within the brotherhood, jerks will take advantage of the folks.

Still appreciate the effort of the Gunslingers personnel to find and return the mag, and their up-front assurance they would make it right if they could nto get it back. Solid folks for sure.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    thought the show was pretty good. the wife bought a new 9mm and i got a nice winchester semiauto shotgun. O yeah my boy got a new airsoft that is nice too. my little girl got a flashlight that changes color. jerky ofcourse and some ammo and mags. and didn't pay top dollar none of them.:rockwoot::ingo::patriot:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Take I-69 north to exit 309 A ( the first exit ) Go right to the first light ( coliseum ) turn left. Go past the second light and its on your right behind Chuckie Cheese...

Is exit 309A Goshen Rd.? If so, that's the right exit, but the second if you count Illinois Rd.

FYI, you go through about three lights on Coliseum.

porkmeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Did anyone happen to see a Remington Model 11 ? or know of a place in fort wayne area that may have one?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just got back. Good show for me. Picked up a Savage MKII FV-SR and a Spike's Punisher Lower. Both have been on my list for quite some time. Ran into some friends and fellow INGO'ers. Even took the wife with me for the first time. We both enjoyed ourselves.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Showed up around 9:30, met a co-worker, cruised the tables and talked to my knifeytable friendly acquaintances...left after a couple hours and grabbed lunch.

I was interested in a 3" Sig 1911...cash in hand and ready to deal...guy said "no racking the slide". Even though I was a serious buyer, obviously ready to pay... nerp.
    There's no way on God's green earth I'm buying a gun I'm not allowed to check over. Dude lost a big $ale because of that.

Highlight of the day was hearing a little girl walk in the bathroom behind me and shriek "PURPLE WALLS?!!! A whole PURPLE ROOM??!! This is the BEST DAY EVER!!!"
    Bwuahahaha!!

dam7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    fort wayne
    tax

went to the show yesterday and wanted to buy some ammo .... dont recall the vendor name... went to pay for it and for a box marked 14.50 he wanted to charge 16.00 when i asked why he said sales tax
    i informed him tax in indiana is 7 % he said it was 8 % in illinois where they were from and had to collect illinois tax .... not only was he collecting too much tax he was rounding up .... i know its not a lot but felt that was a dishonest way to squeeze a few pennies more ... i chose not to purchase anything from this vendor ....... ended up buying more ammo and then some from another vendor

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Well I missed it! GPS told me it was way down the road, like down by COLDWATER Rd. So I drove around, not familiar with FT Wayne, because it was over a hour drive to get there and couldn't find it. It was a bummer, not the first time G'pis let me down.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well I missed it! GPS told me it was way down the road, like down by COLDWATER Rd. So I drove around, not familiar with FT Wayne, because it was over a hour drive to get there and couldn't find it. It was a bummer, not the first time G'pis let me down.

Wow...you drove right past the ginormous billboarded truck that said "GUNSLINGERS GUN SHOW" on it... right next to the road. :(

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Yep, there was another one down where I was at also, confusing and frustrating to say the least. The Gp'er had me looking on the opposite of the road to add to the dislocation, Former "K's" is what it said, like I know where that is.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep, there was another one down where I was at also, confusing and frustrating to say the least. The Gp'er had me looking on the opposite of the road to add to the dislocation, Former "K's" is what it said, like I know where that is.

Did you see Chuck E Cheese?

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I went today and had a good time. Gunslinger needs to get an ATM in the building though.
    Yeah ATM needed. Needed to get out to bank, returned too late, thought it ended at 5pm, wrong it ended at 3pm Sunday. I'll know better next time.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Did you see Chuck E Cheese?

No I was looking on the wrong side of the road. Only after coming home and reading to see where in Ft Wanye this place supposed to be, I saw something about Chuckie Cheese, didn't know that was the landmark to look for.

Even punched, 615 coliseum blvd, in on Google Maps to get oriented. Not exactly close to Chuckie's but closer that where I was directed. To answer next question about calling # on either billboard trucks, no cell phone, 2nd time so far this year I could'a used one.

Almost drove back down to the other sign truck but there was a sign to get back to I-69 with the hope of easier access than the previous way I came. Thinking these stupid trucks are all over Ft Wayne, "where is 'the former K's Merchandise store."

Don't always trust the Australian ladies voice and directions. Should have down loaded Darth Vader's voice or maybe Jack Nicholson.

Top Bottom