• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Dang Brandon sorry to hear about this! If your uncle is a cop maybe he could go "visit" the suspects and get the gun back w/o to much trouble. I would double and triple check your house for the gun too. I'd make the rounds to your friends and try to track down any info I could as well. I hate to admit it but I think one of my Colts might have been stolen too. I had it posted in the classifieds and had a deal made on it and I cannot find it anywhere! I've torn the place apart and have tried to remember if I traded it and forgot about it but no luck yet. I know how you feel. It's very distressing! :xmad:

BulletSponge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy.
    Call the police and ATF to report it. If the gun shows up at any gun dealer in the US ATF will find it and they might find the dick weed that swiped it. Firearm theft is a federal crime so you would be deeling with a federal marshall. Best of luck.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Call the police and ATF to report it. If the gun shows up at any gun dealer in the US ATF will find it and they might find the dick weed that swiped it. Firearm theft is a federal crime so you would be deeling with a federal marshall. Best of luck.

Please explain to me how the ATF would find it if a licenced gun dealer ended up with it? :dunno:

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    report it at once don`t worry about friends tell the police what happened and who was there cover your ass you are responsible for that firearm and what is done with it if you don`t

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    One more reason I need to invest in some secure, quick access storage.

+1 on that. After you get the serial number to police, get a police report and case number, be proactive against this ever happening again. The word is out now that you have gun available if someone needs a quick score so you have to mitigate against this. Invest in a decent safe that has mounting screws/bolts.

For $65 bucks I got a Stack-On QAS-710 Drawer Safe that has 4 mounting holes and came with the screws/bolts. Mounted it to the top of an old dresser for easy home defense access. Yes it could still be stolen if I'm not home and they want to take the whole dresser or want to spend 10 to 20 minutes unmounting it but it will hinder quick grabs like what just happened to you.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    #1 make sure all your info regarding your gun is in order

#2 get every bit of information you can on your friends as well as your new friends that you can. Name d.o.b ssn height weight clothing description haircut marks scars tattoos.

#3 call the police and give them this info.

#4 continue investigating yourself. Check facebook and myspace for photos of your new friends.

#5 do not confront anyone.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

WTH are you mumbling about?! :dunno:

The only piece I can see in there that is even true is to call the Police. The rest of that is total and complete drivel... :rolleyes:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I once was ready to report a stolen gun, had some workers slapping tile in the house we just bought, & then I went to the underwear drawer to get my BERETTA 950 that I keep under my underwear{NO MAN would touch another MAN'S underwear}& it was G O N E. I was ready to go RAMBO, on these guys. My wife said, you didn't see them do it !!! I saw these guys leave my house, & I was pissed, a week later while I was opening the boxes with my supplies from my last house, I F O U N D my BERETTA 950, The wife had thrown it in a cardboard box she was packing our clothes in. To think I almost went RAMBO on the TILE LAYER

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    It's pretty much been covered. Make sure you have your info, search EXTENSIVELY and then if nothing then report it stolen.

Own two stack-ons myself, one atop the other and always keep the guns locked up in cases with those cases locked up inside the safes. Except of course for whichever particular one I keep on myself at the time.

As I mentioned in the movie thread though I have experienced gun theft and it can be immensely frustrating, especially if you have a good idea of who did it.

Endofdays

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    That's some crazy stuff right there. Can't trust anyone. I write down the serial numbers of each piece and put that in the fireproof safe along with said pieces. I also make a copy and gave that to my mom and dad to put in their safe as they live out of state. Never can be to safe.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just as an update, still no gun. But have all the legal stuff taken care of. I hope I get it back.. but until then I have picked up a 3rd Gen Glock 19 as a "replacement".

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have actually had a gun stolen from me before. I know that feeling. Here I am 12 years later and still havent gotten it back. If nothing else, I learned something from it. I just hope that it hasnt ever been used to hurt someone else.

Top Bottom