• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So, I went to a gun store here recently to look at purchasing a firearm they had for sale that I was interested in. I will not name the gun store due to my morals. However, I looked at the gun for awhile and then told the person that I wanted to stew on it for a day. When making big purchases like this would have been, I like to really be sure it is what I want. The salesman said, "Well let me make your decision simple it will be $$$ today and then raise by $50 tomorrow." And then he goes on to say that by coming back twice it hurts his business because I am taking up his time twice. I couldn't believe it!! Not a good way to do business. Needless to say, I will not go back.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Why do I read stories like this from time to time? Gun stores not selling ammo unless you buy a gun. Jerky attitudes. Etc... Is the gun demand so great the gun store owners can treat their customers like trash?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    So, I went to a gun store here recently to look at purchasing a firearm they had for sale that I was interested in. I will not name the gun store due to my morals. However, I looked at the gun for awhile and then told the person that I wanted to stew on it for a day. When making big purchases like this would have been, I like to really be sure it is what I want. The salesman said, "Well let me make your decision simple it will be $$$ today and then raise by $50 tomorrow." And then he goes on to say that by coming back twice it hurts his business because I am taking up his time twice. I couldn't believe it!! Not a good way to do business. Needless to say, I will not go back.

I'm with you on this one. That's a ridiculous attitude!

I'd have been OK with: "Hey, this is a popular item. I can't say that it will still be here in stock tomorrow since someone could walk in the door in 5 minutes and buy it."

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If the store offered you a discount today of $50, but said it was only available today, I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's all how you "hear" what's being said.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I agree not a real great attitude for a gun store owner. But its' his business to to either prosper or ruin.
    I wouldn't be shopping there, and probably would have had a few words for him on my way out, something along the lines of, well you can actually make it $0 tomorrow or any other day since I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

I would out the store, but thats just my desire to help my fellow gun enthusiasts out, and help them avoid a potential rude gun store owner.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Hmmm...just 8 posts. Could it be someone with an axe to grind created a new account?

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Face it. Most gun shops are pretty busy right now. Every person that is "kicking tires" is leaving another potential customer unserviced. Did he handle it wrong? Perhaps. But he also knows that most likely that gun won't be there whenever you decide you might come back.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Agreed. Something's fishy... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me. Already saw one person caught in a lie today about a gun store. Sadly, I think people are trying to scapegoat not being able to find what they want at pre-panic prices and have resorted to making stories up. Hopefully the OP is not one of those. So far, I'm saying he's not making it up but only time will tell.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Maybe he just had a bad experience. I had a bad experience with a popular gun store in Indianapolis and will not name them or return to that store.

edit: gun store employees are probably under a lot of stress right now due to the panic. The gun store owners are raking it in, but the employees are probably still making the same. That being said, there's still no excuse to be rude to paying customers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do we know if this particular shop does or does not sharpen axes? :dunno:

The store should be named so the owner can be axed to weigh in on this issue.

Top Bottom