Gun store in Indy area with used and surplus stuff?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Are there any gun stores in Indy that have a large stock of used guns? Digging through old and used firearms for unusual and interesting stuff is by far and away more enjoyable than racks full of new products.

There’s a joint in Tucson, AZ called Murphy’s that fits this bill, if any of you find yourselves out west. Tons of used rifles, shotguns, and pistols, most in racks on the sales floor you can pick up.

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    Badger Creek Firearms in Mooresville always has a pretty nice used / consignment section. Another place I've head is good, but never been is Premier Arms in Brownsburg. Looking at pics on their FB, they have a LOT of used/surplus guns. I'd recommend just hitting up random Pawn shops too, they usually have stuff in.

Last edited:

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Badger Creek Firearms in Mooresville always has a pretty nice used / consignment section. Another place I've head is good, but never been is Premier Arms in Brownsburg. Looking at pics on their FB, they have a LOT of used/surplus guns. I'd recommend just hitting up random Pawn shops too, they usually have stuff in.
    Much appreciated. I stop by Premier weekly, they are really good. I haven’t seen a ton of Pawn shops here, any recommendations of which have guns?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Make the trip to Westfield and check out Marksmen Shooting Sports pretty much all they sell is used. They have a website http://webuyguns.com
    I may have to go up and see him on an upcoming day off myself. A bit of a haul for me. If he were closer I'd check him out regularly just based on the stuff he used to post on his facebook page that he had for sale. Looked like he always had some good stuff at good prices that move quickly.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Another hat tip for the folks at Marksman. Chris and Randy are stand-up guys and really know their stuff. It's an honest no-pressure store environment. Worth the drive IMO.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Why thank you for the link, may have to drive over from Fishers, I actually clicked the link and saw a pistol I would love to have.
    Oh well, we can always wish, and they have a wish list, , I wish I was rich, I would be there this afternoon.
    Maybe I will, as we can all stop in and take look now cant we?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I've been by there several times but haven't had a chance to stop in. Do they have a large firearms section?
    maybe 30-40 handguns and about 20-30 long guns. last time i was in there was 6 weeks ago.

they had some new but mostly used and fairly priced. i did see a SA XDs 9mm for $299 used in decent shape and a M&P .40 sheild PC used for $450. i paid $600 for mine new.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What you see on the web site for Marksman is only part of their inventory. He keeps the web stuff boxed up ready to ship. The stuff on the store shelves isn't listed on the site.

You can go and ask to look at an item from the web site, but he discourages just coming in to fondle those. He literally has to inbox it to show it. Of course if you order an item to be shipped it goes out that business day or the the next if you get them your FFL info.

Not enough room in the store for everything to be on display.

Top Bottom