• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I hope the owner was prescient enough to know these guys were going to defy the injunction and that he moved, burned or otherwise destroyed the records.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow!!

How would the ATF get around the RO...or did they just ignore it? Looking forward to more detail.
    Wouldn't be the first time the govt used one judge to go around another. And people say they aren't on a list by filling ou a 4473. This just shows you that if they want to know who's buying what they will get it. I like to see an explanation of what makes their lower illegal. Does anyone have a picture of one? I never even heard of this place before now.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Wouldn't be the first time the govt used one judge to go around another. And people say they aren't on a list by filling ou a 4473. This just shows you that if they want to know who's buying what they will get it. I like to see an explanation of what makes their lower illegal. Does anyone have a picture of one? I never even heard of this place before now.
    The owners of the 80% lowers didn't fill out 4473's. It's not a receiver until they mill out the rest of the part and manufacture their own gun.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm not understanding what's illegal about the lowers in question. To my understanding they are polymer lowers with divots where you should drill the holes and the trigger group area to be cleared is of a different color. All you have to do is get rid of all the plastic that is of a particular color. Did the ATF think that this didn't make it a "true" 80% lower or that it was too easy?

Polymer-80-Pink.jpg

Ares-Polymer-Lower.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The owners of the 80% lowers didn't fill out 4473's. It's not a receiver until they mill out the rest of the part and manufacture their own gun.
    Yes I know this. My point was that if they are going to raid a business just to get a list of customers who bought parts, they just have to walk into a gun store and ask for the 4473's. Or wait till thy lose their ffl. Instant list.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It has to be that during the manufacturing process part of the lower is complete before it's then filled in with the other color of plastic. So even though they aren't selling them at that stage they still are more than just 80% for a time. That's my best guess.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I would have been in that store today had I gone to Cali for work next week. So the stink is over the manufacturing process. ATF thinks the second colored plastic piece was inserted AFTER the polymer was formed so it was 1st a firearm and unregistered. EP says the polymer was always molded around that insert.

Zero stock at EP:
    80% Lower Receivers - 80 Percent Lower

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I bought one of their aluminum 80% Probably gonna end up on another list. Sure it's not the first time. Anybody have a jig for this I can borrow?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I would buy one of those for $50 from EP if there were any actually in stock. I think the stink is mostly about them not taking down the sign and the city council put the dogs on them for non-compliance to their authoritayyy.

Top Bottom