• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Sounds about right. I think the world will soon be a better place. Where peace and love surrounds us all!!!!!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Guns are not the problem, it is peoples lack of Jesus in their heart. You would think they would not be so blatantly liberal sounding. It sounds to me like they are saying that guns will change you into some evil killer. Typical liberal junk it is sad it is so rampant in churches today.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And this is why Methodists were ruled out as churches I'm willing to attend long ago. They are very liberal, and very politically active. I've got no interest in their brand of Christianity, nor their politics.

To each their own, of course. If they feel their worship brings them to Christ, I reckon the church is fulfilling it's purpose for them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Methodists are very f'd up people. I was shunned out of a methodist church years ago because of a very complicated surgery that I was having to fix a problem with my leg, a problem that I've had since birth and still struggle with.

Well basically I was shunned out of the church because I was correcting something God gave me and I should have dealt with it in the manor God gave it to me with.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Methodists are very f'd up people. I was shunned out of a methodist church years ago because of a very complicated surgery that I was having to fix a problem with my leg, a problem that I've had since birth and still struggle with.

Well basically I was shunned out of the church because I was correcting something God gave me and I should have dealt with it in the manor God gave it to me with.

Not like God gave you the intelligence to get it fixed?:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Not like God gave you the intelligence to get it fixed?:dunno:

OH but it was okay when this lady had brain cancer, went through all her treatments, and when her one son saw her on the hospital bed after a surgery he broke down and was saved... She was allowed to have treatment.

I have many issues with the methodist church and now I have one more to add.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Methodists as a whole are being painted with a mighty broad brush here.

I was raised Methodist, but am not a member.

While I've only set foot in the church (to be married) once in the last ten years - the beliefs of the members are often much different than that of the "organization".

There are lots of folks that are members of the "United Methodist Church", only because it's been their family church for the last 135+ years, not because many years ago (before I was born) the majority of the members voted to deed the "United Methodist Church" the ownership of the property and to send the organization a cut of the tithe and purchase a certain amount of propaganda from them.

I'm sure things were different then, at least in print. Kind of reminds me of our government and elected officials.

If the local church ,that my family has supported since it was built, needs something that the "organization" can't lay their filthy paws on, they'll get it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know that, theologically speaking, I'm not a big fan at all of the UMC.

There are a few unassociated Methodist churches I know of, though, that I'd have no problem attending. But only because I know some of the clergy or am good friends with the clergy's kids.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Sounds about right. I think the world will soon be a better place. Where peace and love surrounds us all!!!!!

Someday soon, yes, lol! But until then I will defend my family and self vigorously.

It's disturbing to see this. It's also somewhat disturbing that churches are actually coming to me for training. I guess it's a shame they have to do that, but I admire their commitment to protecting their congregations. At least at some places of worship common sense prevails.

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    UMC founded (Funded) The Coalition to Ban Handguns. Here is a link. The denomination is still heavily involved with the National Council of Churches which is an extremely liberal organization.

There are good people attending UMC churches, why they do is beyond me. I even have some ministerial friends who do not agree, yet maintain their affiliation.

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jess

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've found the major problems with a Church are the people in it, not the published views of the leadership. I had more than enough reason to stop attending church (I was raised methodist) before my wife pointed out that banning guns was in the charter of the UMC. I still go occasionally to help with the A/V system, but with all the bigotry and clique-ishness exhibited by my home congregation, the leadership's stance on guns is almost a non-issue.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    UMC founded (Funded) The Coalition to Ban Handguns. Here is a link. The denomination is still heavily involved with the National Council of Churches which is an extremely liberal organization.

Here is the list of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence's member organizations. Lots of religious groups represented there. IMO, denouncing Methodists in general because of a political position held by the "central office" is like saying all cops are anti-gun because the National Association of Chiefs of Police or the FOP supported the Brady Bill.

The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence is composed of 48 national organizations, including faith-based groups, child welfare advocates, public health professionals, and social justice organizations:

American Academy of Pediatrics

American Association of Suicidology

American Ethical Union

American Jewish Committee

American Jewish Congress

American Psychiatric Association

American Public Health Association

Americans for Democratic Action

Assoc. of Japanese Families of Gun Violence Victims in the U. S. A.

Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America

The Bible Holiness Movement, International

Center for Science in the Public Interest

Central Conference of American Rabbis

Children's Defense Fund

Child Welfare League of America, Inc.

Church of the Brethren

The Communitarian Network

The Council of The Great City Schools

DC for Democracy

The DISARM Education Fund

Fellowship of Reconciliation

Friends Committee on National Legislation

Jesuit Conference - Office of Social Ministries

Jewish Community Center Association

Jewish Women International

Loretto Community

Mennonite Central Committee

National Association of School Psychologists

National Association of Social Workers

National Council of Jewish Women, Inc.

National Council of Negro Women, Inc.

National Urban League, Inc.

North American Federation of Temple Youth

Pan American Trauma Association

Peace Action of Washington

Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)

Union for Reform Judaism

Unitarian Universalist Association

UNITE HERE

United Church of Christ

United Federation of Teachers

United Methodist Church Board of Church & Society

United States Conference of Mayors

United States Student Association

United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

Woman's National Democratic Club

Women's League for Conservative Judaism

YWCA of U. S. A.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Came across this article while doing research for a paper. To set the tone of the article. "Gun violence is killing America's children." enjoy!
    Gun Violence

I noticed that among the things they want to ban are the ever-mysterious "guns that cannot be detected." This is one of the most enduring myths in all the anti-gun mythology. When Glocks first came out, they immediately started howling about plastic guns that couldn't be detected by metal detectors. Despite the fact that this is entirely a figment of their own imaginations, they have continued to call for this ban on non-existent guns ever since.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Having been raised a Methodist, I've known the way the "United" Methodists have been for a very long time. They are very Pro World Order, hence Very anti-gun. If you like the doctrine of the Methodists, I'd refer you to a "Free" Methodist Church not attached to the UMC Councils. I could tell you stories after stories about the UMC's I've come in contact with.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    (6) call upon all governments of the world in which there is a United Methodist presence to establish national bans on ownership by the general public of handguns, assault weapons, automatic weapon conversion kits, and weapons that cannot be detected by traditionally used metal-detection devices.

This got to me (not that the rest was also a sickening display of ignorance).

What if a group put out a calling for the registration and then national ban on the membership and practice of Methodist Christianity? They don't realize that the slippery slope they are calling for ends with EVERYONES body at the bottom in a pile to be covered in lime.:xmad:

What about addressing the destruction of the family and moral foundations of our country by the very same corporate controlled media they use to promulgate these views? :dunno:

Top Bottom