• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I guess it was only a matter of time before the anti-gun folks started in on the "disease" strategy to instill even more fear into the uneducated.

Yep, here is the link where public health experts are saying gun violence might be a disease.

According to a recent study, all of us here are more likely than those without firearms in the home to binge drink, and drink and drive.

But wait, there's more!

Gun violence spreads "much like an infectious disease circulates. There's sort of a contagion phenomenon after a shooting, where people feel they need to have a gun for protection or retaliation. That's already evident in the wake of the Colorado movie-theater shootings. Last week, reports popped up around the nation of people bringing guns to 'Batman"' movies. Some of them said they did so for protection."

REALLY?

So a wake up call tragedy that leads people to use common sense and exercise their Second Amendment right to protect themselves is a phenomenon caused by an infectious disease leading people to binge drink, drink and drive, shoot others, and shoot themselves? :n00b:

I'm speechless. Seriously.

gun-flu-2-a1.jpg

Last edited:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I must say I'm unfamiliar with the level of stupidity shown in that article by those so called "public health experts".

I thought the best part was when it said "Which firearms are most dangerous and why. Manufacturers could be pressured to fix design defects that let guns go off accidentally, and to add technology that allows only the owner of the gun to fire it"

Although the part about adding technology that allows only the owner of the gun to fire it might not be to bad. That way it would prevent your friends from shooting all of you ammo when you go to the range. :D

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Although the part about adding technology that allows only the owner of the gun to fire it might not be to bad. That way it would prevent your friends from shooting all of you ammo when you go to the range. :D

Unless they have their own guns with and shoot all your ammo :P

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I don't know about today's kids. I grew up before video games, if we had a beef with someone, we met after school and kicked ass. Today's kids, grew up in the video world shooting and killing everything on the screen. i think that went over to the real world. They don't think about the consequences and just shoot each other like its a game

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I don't know about today's kids. I grew up before video games, if we had a beef with someone, we met after school and kicked ass. Today's kids, grew up in the video world shooting and killing everything on the screen. i think that went over to the real world. They don't think about the consequences and just shoot each other like its a game

It's true, I just graduated high school 6 years ago, and my friends and I played violent video games since we were kids. I can't remember the number of times we shot up bullies' houses for stealing our lunch money. :p

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Blaming video games for violence is just like blaming guns. I don't really know why people feel that they can just take lives without consequences. I grew up playing video games and still do. I would never shoot anybody out of anger. I would only shoot to protect myself or the ones I love and only as a last resort.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Blaming video games for violence is just like blaming guns. I don't really know why people feel that they can just take lives without consequences. I grew up playing video games and still do. I would never shoot anybody out of anger. I would only shoot to protect myself or the ones I love and only as a last resort.

This^

And welcome to :ingo:

I think the problem more likely lies on parents plopping their kids in front of the tv so they don't have to watch them as hard. My old man literally locked me out of the house a few times to force me away from the screen. Even as much screen time as I've had, especially watching awesome R action movies on Sunday mornings in the 90's, I've never been a violent person nor will I ever.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I had an "Interpersonal Relationships" teacher bring in a special guest that talked about how she ran a domestic violence refuge for women and children downtown. Everything was fine until she threw in this little gem almost as an afterthought: "Gunowners are more likely to be abusive to their spouse, children and friends."

The day after when the teacher asked us about what our feelings were about the special guest I brought that part up and everyone in the class said they didn't agree with that statement. Heck, if that applied to me I'd be a VERY bitter person. Glad to know that worthless POS class had some like minded women in it :cool:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    This article was on "Huffington Post", found usually on AO-Hell. I have found from experience that when it comes to a 'news story' on Huff-po, one should take it with, not just a grain of salt, but the whole box!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't read the article, but "IF" gun violence is listed a social social disease, doesnt that strengthen a positive gunowner outlook by indicating that criminals are the one with gun issues, not your everyday citizen? :dunno:

Top Bottom