• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Are any of you taking advantage of the new legislation to bring your firearm with you to work and leave it in your vehicle?

I think it was a step in the right direction, but I don't actually like the idea of leaving my firearm in my vehicle, so I pretty much leave my firearm in the safe Mon-Friday, unless I go run an errand after work. I am thinking about bringing my pistol with me and leaving it in the vehicle, but I wanted to get an idea of your thoughts as well.

I have had my vehicle broken into twice in my life. Both times were in public parking lots and it seemed to be random, considering I never leave valuables in plain sight. However, neither case was at work.

What are your thoughts?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Buy one of these and mount it in your trunk or under a seat (this might be more difficult)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Z8R73U/ref=redir_mdp_mobile]SentrySafe X075 Security Safe, 0.7 Cubic Feet, Black:Amazon:Home Improvement[/ame]

I have one like this, used as a concealed cache. Onece it's mounted, it can't be removed unless it is opened. So unless your car is jacked, your firearm will be there even if your stereo isn't.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    When you post yea or nay, be sure to include your vehicle's year, make, and model, and the address of your worktime parking location.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Generally no, but.... we have a secure parking lot, and I don't really worry about it. I normally don't carry on work days, but if doing something after work, I will carry (may or may not leave in truck). I'm a government employee in a contractor's facility; while they have a no firearms policy, I 'CC' and don't really worry aobut it. -- Greg

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    School, work, or govt. office

So, it seems to me most people pretty much don't carry to/from/at work or leave the firearm in the vehicle.

I think we are more likely to find ourselves in a perilous situation at work, at school, or in a government office, all of which you cannot legally possess a firearm. Although I am glad that our Constitutional rights have been acknowledged, more needs to be done.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a lock box secured in my vehicle. Yes, I have one in it whenever I am driving my vehicle. I only remove it if I am loaning the car to my teenager.
    I do not carry at work, policy not friendly toward it.

Last edited:

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I could, but I don't. I can never leave anything in my soft-top Jeep. Unless it's raining or below 50 degrees, the top is usually off anyways.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I always have a firearm either on me or in the vehicle.... get a lock-box, secure it, and be done with it.

Like Mike, if I have to come in after hours for server room, or IDF room work I CC... of course since less than a mile from my work an innocent pizza delivery driver was murdered; that may change....

As to after work, as soon as I get to my car, I put on my holster and gun, or if the PF9 is what I have, it get's belt-clipped to my seat belt for the drive home.

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    depends on your job if you can carry at work or not? what if your a window cleaner :rolleyes: is it more of a job policy or is it illegal to carry while working period?

Top Bottom