• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have seen a few threads lately about what to do with your weapon while using the public facilities. This happened 25 OCT 2009 at one of our local Mac Dees. Dispatch put out that a loaded handgun had been found in the mens restroom. I am thinking that the owner went in to drop a load, and left his gun on th eback on the Toilet and walked out. I got with the responding officer right after he left the scene and found that he had recovered a .357 Taurus snubbie. The thing that I can not for the life of me understand is that the Taurus was found sitting out in the open bathroom on the baby changing table. WTF ? I cant for any reason understand how that weapon would have ended up there. The owner came to the station a lil bit ago, but I havent heard what the outcome was. What do you guys make of this ?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have seen a few threads lately about what to do with your weapon while using the public facilities. This happened 25 OCT 2009 at one of our local Mac Dees. Dispatch put out that a loaded handgun had been found in the mens restroom. I am thinking that the owner went in to drop a load, and left his gun on th eback on the Toilet and walked out. I got with the responding officer right after he left the scene and found that he had recovered a .357 Taurus snubbie. The thing that I can not for the life of me understand is that the Taurus was found sitting out in the open bathroom on the baby changing table. WTF ? I cant for any reason understand how that weapon would have ended up there. The owner came to the station a lil bit ago, but I havent heard what the outcome was. What do you guys make of this ?

High as a kite!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Wanna bet his wife or his "friend" left it there?

Can't wait to read the thread he posts about living it down and his police interaction report on open carry.:D

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hopefully he's not one of our members. How embarrasing. At least he didnt leave a kid on the table.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    What if he left it in a stall and someone else picked up to take it, thought better of it and left it on the changing table? Not likely I know, but then neither is leaving it in the first place.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I read a story some time back about an off-duty sheriff's deputy that lost her revolver in one of those kids playrooms that are filled with little balls.

Seems a 4-5 year old kid came up with it.

Parent notified management, management notified authorities. All was well, except for the deputy I'd imagine.

I want to say this happened here in Lafayette, but I'm not sure where it was.

I've since wondered what the outcome was.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    What if he left it in a stall and someone else picked up to take it, thought better of it and left it on the changing table? Not likely I know, but then neither is leaving it in the first place.

What if it's got some cops finger prints all over it from the wise guy move of taking it all apart and unloading it before they gave it back.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How embarrassing!

Imagine, if you can.......You have left a .357 revolver on the changing station while you were changing your child's diaper. Yep, that's right. You were carrying it in the diaper bag and had to take it out to get to the Baby Wipes and walked off without it! You are now in the unbelievably embarrassing situation of having to admit that you actually OWN AND CARRY A TAURUS REVOLVER! :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What if it's got some cops finger prints all over it from the wise guy move of taking it all apart and unloading it before they gave it back.

Then you snap on your latex glove and very carefully place all components in a baggie and leave slowly while muttering to yourself in a creepy voice, "Excellent! Phase 2 completed according to plan."

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Imagine, if you can.......You have left a .357 revolver on the changing station while you were changing your child's diaper. Yep, that's right. You were carrying it in the diaper bag and had to take it out to get to the Baby Wipes and walked off without it! You are now in the unbelievably embarrassing situation of having to admit that you actually OWN AND CARRY A TAURUS REVOLVER! :D

Yep, that is why I always conceal my Taurus revolver. Opps, cat is out of the bag now. My luck I would remember the gun and forget the baby.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thats why you should only use crowded restrooms with waiting lines. That way you can give your piece to the person behind you to hold till your finished.

Top Bottom