• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No for me the safe is enough to keep unauthorized persons away from the guns.
    If someone is skilled enough to crack open my safe I dont think that a cable lock would slow him down or do anything at all.That would just slow ME down in case I want to access my gun quickly.
    I keep my gun loaded (magazine full and chamber empty) with no cable lock or anything else besides the protection of the safe itself.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The safe is secure enough for me that I don't feel the need to lock the firearms separately.

I have all of my cable locks hanging from the safe with the keys in them. That way if I need to use one for transport they are available.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I keep my pistol loaded in safe with no trigger lock or cable lock. All ammo and magazines to the long guns are locked in safe. I don't keep any type of lock on the long guns outside of the safe, I just make sure no ammo is accessible.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    No loaded guns or additional locks inside my locked safe. I do lock my carry pistol loaded in a drawer safe when not carrying it though.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Locks are just going to get me killed. Granted I have no children running around (thankfully), but if they are in a safe, why further complicate self defense.

First thing I did when I got my two glocks and ak (most recent) was throwing the locks away.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why would you lock a gun that is stored in a safe?

Because the anti-2A would like you to do it.
    Come on man think of the children!

They want you to have your gun locked in a safe, with a lock on the gun itself and stored unloaded of course.Ammo in a secont safe, possibly a mile away from the gun.
    This way no more children will be hurt right, because we all know that 100% of the kids that get shot are shot with loaded guns stored in safes.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have all my dozens of trigger/cable/pad/locks from gun purchases still in the original packaging, just waiting for use somewhere else like in my barns or sheds locking something that should be locked.

We have no kids, and a locked gun would be a useless tool in my house, especially if we needed it fast for a home invasion or break in.

The guns in the safe are not locked either, obviously. Quite a few are loaded, also.

Also, I methodically lock my safe each time after use. I've heard several cases of people getting broken into, and all the thief had to do, was simply turn the handle, and everything was right there in one place for them to steal.

What a waste.

Top Bottom