• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Channel 13 News just showed some weapons seized from area teenagers. One of them was a Mosin Nagant M44! From what I could see it looked to be in pretty good condition, unlike one revolver that looked like it had been dragged behind a truck. P1sses me off because I have been wanting an M38 or M44 and here is an old warrior that is doomed because of some gang-banger. :xmad:

Just ain't right. :tantrum:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I understand , I'm still awaiting the phone call saying they recovered my Glock that was stolen out of my truck several years ago , but I won't hold my breath

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I understand , I'm still awaiting the phone call saying they recovered my Glock that was stolen out of my truck several years ago , but I won't hold my breath

Same here. The number for my G22 stolen was FNG197. Check your safes! You better not have it. But if you do....Ill buy it from you.:)::)::):

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Same here. The number for my G22 stolen was FNG197. Check your safes! You better not have it. But if you do....Ill buy it from you.:)::)::):

This is why I generally only leave my gun in my truck when I walk into my office, we have a private, gated parking lot that is under video surveillance. Last time I went to the courthouse I used one of the slide/magazine locks (similar to the one below) to chain it the support frame under my seat.

gunlock.gif

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    This is why I generally only leave my gun in my truck when I walk into my office, we have a private, gated parking lot that is under video surveillance. Last time I went to the courthouse I used one of the slide/magazine locks (similar to the one below) to chain it the support frame under my seat.

You know..Normally it would never be left in my car, but since I was at the FOP range for training for about 2 hours at the time it happened years ago, I thought it was safe....They took my entire duty bag. Somewhere out there someone has everything they need to look like a cop minus the badge. I can only hope Karma got back at them and they ended up trying to scoop their entrails off the pavement somewhere. Have to give them credit though as I would find it pretty hard to want to steal out of a squad car inbetween several other squad cars.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Channel 13 News just showed some weapons seized from area teenagers. One of them was a Mosin Nagant M44! From what I could see it looked to be in pretty good condition, unlike one revolver that looked like it had been dragged behind a truck. P1sses me off because I have been wanting an M38 or M44 and here is an old warrior that is doomed because of some gang-banger. :xmad:

And just how do you know it was a gang banger and not a jerk cop trying to earn "brownie" points for the day?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Cops...I've known a few of them. Some of them are hard-working, honest men / women who do a difficult job and do it well!!! Others...should have found a different profession years ago!

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    You know..Normally it would never be left in my car, but since I was at the FOP range for training for about 2 hours at the time it happened years ago, I thought it was safe....They took my entire duty bag. Somewhere out there someone has everything they need to look like a cop minus the badge. I can only hope Karma got back at them and they ended up trying to scoop their entrails off the pavement somewhere. Have to give them credit though as I would find it pretty hard to want to steal out of a squad car inbetween several other squad cars.

Ah man I feel for you but marked squads get broken into and looted all the time. Hell a couple years ago an unmarked Indiana state police suv was broken into in Indy and they got two machine guns and 3 pistols, along with two sets of body armor.

Hell in chicago they are stealing the damn lightbars right off marked squads. If you go anywhere that pegs you as a cop you can look forward to the crooks trying to break into your vehicle as they know cops have a lot of goodies.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In

gunlock.gif

same with me , it was also on video , the guy scaled a 6 ft wire fence cut the barb wire on top broke into about 10 vehicles , with people coming and going , not one person ever saw this guy , he used lighting and vehicles to hide himself , then when he was done , he went right back to the fence and back over it he went into the night, with a new and I mean brand spanking new Glock 23 , I just bought it.
    of course the company cameras are junk and could barely make it out , no close ups and it was at night. I learned my lesson , I will never leave my gun in my car again.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Wannamaker Guns has a totally mismatched M44 if you are interested.

Top Bottom