Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Seecamp .32, not that it was a 'bad' gun, just that I got tired of trying to qualify via the 'keyhole' shooting method.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -Snip-

Walter PPK/S – I loved this gun, BUT it’s old skool “carved from a hunk of lead” design made it impractical for what I wanted it for. Pocket carry. Without a belt on I’d lose my shorts with this in my pocket and no one wants to see that! Still, I suppose it did double as a small hammer/club.

I hear you about the Walther PPK/S.
    I had one once, and it worked fine, except for the little habit it had of taking a chunk of flesh out of my hand when the hammer came back.
    There wasn't any way I could shoot it without getting "bitten".
    So I sold it.

Ted 40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I have sold, and traded quite a few guns I thought I was dissapointed in----.
    Many if which I wish I still owned.
    I NOW KNOW---I wasn't dissapointed---I just wanted another one---

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Two come to mind. Both because of the triggers.

Kel Tec P-11.: This is really an amazing gun. Small and carried LOTS of bullets, but the trigger was just awful. There are fixes for it on the Kel Tec Users Forum, but most of them require more than just slight changes to the frame and basic parts of the gun.

HK USPc 40: This gun had it all, or so I thought. 1911 style safety with a decocker, polymer, came in stainless. But again the trigger was terrible. Imagine dragging a bucket of sand across your driveway, that is a good metaphor for that trigger. Add to that that H&K hates civilians and no trigger upgrades are available (no parts are available for that matter) and I sold it.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    A Taurus PT145. I liked it at first. Didn't have any feed problems, but it shot low. I tried changing the sights, but it still shot low (granted I didn't use adjustable sights). Accuracy would be the biggest problem I had with it.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    Lorcin .380 60 bucks from a pawn shop, read horror stories over the internet, bought 10 yrs ago hadn't fired it. Tried to clean it las year and lost a spring..lol 60 dollar paper weight

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    A full size HK USP .40....huge gun, expensive, and an awful trigger pull. It did not do anything better than my glocks for nearly twice the price of the glock, and the glock had a much better trigger and was smaller as well.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Kel-tec SU16. The things was a complete POS. Its a survival grade gun, not meant to be shot with any kind of regularity in my opinion.

Ruger revolvers in general. The things are built like a tank, but after getting used to a S&W the hammer angle is very hard to get used to, and trigger pulls are a far cry from my old 19-5. Great utility guns, but to uncivilized for my tastes.

mikeplan14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Colt LE6940 (at least not sight unseen). Bad fit and finish - the finish on the lower was sub-par, with a 1" section bubbled up, and the slop between the upper and lower was much more than any other AR I've ever handled

BigD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indy Geist Area
    I had an H&K pistol from the 70's a while back. Can't remember the model number. Not only was it an ugly gun, but the slide wouldn't stay back when it was empty. You never knew if you had a loaded gun. Had to get rid of it.

jayeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Grendel P10 .380 the former name of Keltec.
    Wouldn't extract usually and wouldn't feed when it did. I sent it back twice and they never did make it right. I still have it as I couldn't in good conscience sell it.
    I swore I'd never again buy anything from Grendel ( now Keltec) and I haven't.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Let me put on my flame suit......:yesway:.....alright. For me it was my gen 3 Glock 23. I had shot a couple range guns and friends. Glocks just never fit me right. I came by an amazing sale on Glocks and figured I would give it a try. I shot a couple thousand rounds through it and while I shot just as accurate. I didn't like it for some reason. I had a couple FTF in the beginning but that was probably due to my grip...

I've thought about trying a gen 4, but I just prefer a different grip angle.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Just thought of another one - an old iver johnson 22 cal revolver. I had it when I was a kid & don't remember the model but it would throw as much lead out of the side as it would down the barrel

Top Bottom