• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    If you want more than a $49.95 lower, check out a $125 lower package: Complete Plum Crazy AR15 Lower with 6 position M4 Collapsible Stock. I have not checked FFL and shipping. But this suits MY needs. Happy New Year INGUN!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    He was just making sure you knew what you were looking at and the reason the package was priced the way it is. There are people out there that dont know they are polymer lowers.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It is polymer,

Ok you do.

You were comparing the deal to the $49 PSA lowers, so I wanted to make sure you knew why it was a complete "lower" for $125. I didn't know if you knew the difference between the two.

That is all.

As to whether PC lowers are good or not is a debate for another thread (there have been a few here).

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    My shiff-tester is telling me

(Make that "Sniff Tester") Just maybe the LOW price on PSA's lowers is because they may be introducing a polymer-style lower themselves. Clearing out inventory before machine-changes. "P.Crazzy" seems a silly name, but "GLOCK" didn't seem a heavy-weight when it first appeared. Now Poly is everywhere. Thanks for the other posts mentioned, and I'll check them out. I have a Bushy Carbon-15 pistol, some Glocks, and now maybe a Cabine or two in "PCrazzy" style. Nice to have so many weapons (prpl:>) that don't set off metal-detectors at airports <:prpl). Whatever I do buy, it will br @ investment-level amounts, 10 or more. Now, off to the search. EBG (Hmmm. A naughty icon appeared at my punctuation. Unintentionally rude of him. Also, yes, I know that I'll need bags of additional parts.)

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    T H A N K S ! ! ! !

The post says that the $107 lasts until 12/28. D@&% !! But, even the regular price @ $135 would beat Plum price. I'm contacting them anyway. I get a chunk of cash on 01/02/12. Couldn't have bought @ $107 anyway. Thanks for tips. EBG

MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    EvilBlk,
    There are many Indiana shops that sell these PCF C-15 lowers for about the same cost, you would not need to pay a $20-25 FFL transfer fee plus shipping. You would be supporting Indiana small buisness as well.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Polymer lowers aren't for everybody so as far as resale I stick with aluminum. The parts on the polymer lowers are different as well, and I'm not sure about interchangeabilty. Armalites AR-180b rifle was a polymer and they had issues with the front ears breaking or getting worn out.

People always compare it to Glocks receivers but the two are engineered completely differently and have different stress points, not to mention, you're comparing a rifle and pistol round.

PSA lower $50
    PSA LPK $45
    PSA stock kit w/buffer and spring $50
    Total: $145 That's only $20 more than the Plumcrazy!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Polymer lowers aren't for everybody so as far as resale I stick with aluminum. The parts on the polymer lowers are different as well, and I'm not sure about interchangeabilty. Armalites AR-180b rifle was a polymer and they had issues with the front ears breaking or getting worn out.

People always compare it to Glocks receivers but the two are engineered completely differently and have different stress points, not to mention, you're comparing a rifle and pistol round.

PSA lower $50
    PSA LPK $45
    PSA stock kit w/buffer and spring $50
    Total: $145 That's only $20 more than the Plumcrazy!

and isnt that $20 worth the decreased chance of a kaboom? (and there are examples out there of PC lowers going kaboom)

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I don't know about Kaboom but I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure Plumcrazy, as a part of their R&D, put plenty of rounds downrange, and they do offer a lifetime guarantee. They are located in Arizona and it's plenty warm there. In Indiana where it gets cold materials such as plastics or polymers may not do as well. When plastic gets cold it becomes hard and brittle.

A friend of mine had his Carbon 15 in his trunk for a while last year and we decided to go play with it. Within 5 minutes we managed to crack it. Between that and my AR-180b breaking one of the front ears, I've stayed away from polymer AR type rifles.

Top Bottom