• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm looking for a gunsmith that would be interested in taking a look at my grandfather's WWII bring back Mauser HSC.

I dont know much about it. My grandmother just gave it to me a few days ago and told me it wouldn't shoot because the firing pin had been lost or damaged. She told me my Grandfather brought it home from Germany after being stationed there during WWII. I have no reason not to believe her and it does appear to have a nazi proof mark on the left side of the trigger gaurd. She also told me my grandfather had it refinished somtime in the 80's but decided not to get into functioning order at the time.

I was wondering if there is anyone around that would be willing to take a look at it and get it into working order again.

Also if anyone knows a round about figure on the value of it. Mind you I will not be selling it. My Grandfather died before I was born and this in one of the last things my grandmother has left that was his. A fire a few years back destroyed most everything else. The gun survived because it was in a safe.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks!

skunkworks1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    if all it needs is a firing pin and or maybe pin and spring there sites on line that sell the parts. you could probably do the work yourself. if you want to part with it I would be interested.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    finding the firing pin is a toughy, i have worked on several pistols similiar to these. i believe the firing pin is spring loaded in the slide. similiar to a ruby or most other makes of the era. if you can find a pin and spring let me know and i could fix it if you like. i have several items left by my grandfather also, i wouldnt sell those either.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Looks like Numrich is out of stock on the firing pins, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to find someone to tell you exactly what is wrong with the gun before you start ordering parts for it.

Manufacturers | Numrich Gun Parts

I ended up making my own firing pin spring guide rod for my Mauser shortly after I got it. Now its a fun lil shooter. :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like Numrich is out of stock on the firing pins, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to find someone to tell you exactly what is wrong with the gun before you start ordering parts for it.

Manufacturers | Numrich Gun Parts

I ended up making my own firing pin spring guide rod for my Mauser shortly after I got it. Now its a fun lil shooter. :)

Thats what I was hoping for. My grandmother just said that is what she thought was wrong with it. I would like somone who knows about these little pistols to go through it and make sure.

Thanks for the link. I'll keep checking to see if they get them instock.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    finding the firing pin is a toughy, i have worked on several pistols similiar to these. i believe the firing pin is spring loaded in the slide. similiar to a ruby or most other makes of the era. if you can find a pin and spring let me know and i could fix it if you like. i have several items left by my grandfather also, i wouldnt sell those either.

Thanks for the offer. Would you be interested in detail stripping it and making sure it is in working order other than the firing pin?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    There are You tube vids on how to take that pistol down. If it is 7.65 I even know where you can get ammo for it. :)

That is another thing I don't know. I can only faintly read what I think says Kurz but it is so faded I can't tell for sure. I don't see 9mm anywhere on it. The barrel almost looks to small to be .380/9mm diameter though.

I've watched a couple of the youtube vids and I'm pretty sure I could field strip it and lube it but I don't trust my gunsmith skills enough to try to go any further. And I really wouldn't know what to look for to know what is missing or not missing.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Chances are it is a 7.65mm (aka 32acp). You say it was a WW2 bring-back, and from what I've read about them they weren't made in 9mm Kurz (.380acp) until after the war was over.

Top Bottom