• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Looking to get a Saiga 12 converted can anyone recommend someone around Bloomington or Indianapolis that will do this?

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Would feel better knowing that it was done by a professional who is familiar with the weapon.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Had more free time then and I know more about vehicles than the inner workings of a Russian shotgun.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Also the going rate for a cheap conversion is about $500. If you do it yourself you save a ton of money. Good conversions where they weld up the holes and such cost even more. Doing it yourself is intimidating at first. Afterwards you'll be able to do them in your sleep. If you do want my help, buy a retainer plate. I can't hang with a shepherds crook... I will ruin my garage with my anger.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Well, Ronnie DID call its home the 'Evil Empire'.

Trying to fat-finger one of those back into place, will clear your workbench and expand your vocabulary faster than anything I know. First one I did was shepherd's crook - after that - nothing but retaining plate. It's the ONLY thing St. Kalashnikov got wrong. But dang did he get that thing wrong.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The rifles are imported in "sporting config". They move the trigger to the back of the gun and attach some linkage to make it work. You essentially drill out some rivits and move the trigger group back to its original spot and add a pistol grip. The pic below shows the difference. The top one is a 410 but you get the idea

saiga-dac-conversion-blog-009.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The rifles are imported in "sporting config". They move the trigger to the back of the gun and attach some linkage to make it work. You essentially drill out some rivits and move the trigger group back to its original spot and add a pistol grip. The pic below shows the difference. The top one is a 410 but you get the idea

saiga-dac-conversion-blog-009.jpg

Thanks. Learned something new tiday.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I've not forgot about you VK will get the parts ordered and try to get a day figured out to do it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    vitamink speaks the truth about Carolina Shooter's Supply's shipping. I swear he must throw it on a plane the second you order it. Also a genuinely good guy if you have a question.

Top Bottom