• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    you got had then... because even in IL this is legal.
    I had it in my driveway and was in a community with a housing agreement. I wasn't had and I have known the laws for as long as I have been shooting. That would be since I was 8 and I am 51 now. The cannon was legal but having it in the drive wasn't. I choose my battlrs and it wasn't worth it to fight then.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Let me start by saying that I chose the wrong paint. I went with Sherwin Williams oil based enamel because a few people said that would be the most durable product I could find that wasn't an epoxy. There were to may small things to do and epoxy paint would have set up requiring LOTS of small batch's and I didn't want that headache. I sanded, degreased with acetone, primed, and applied 2 coats of whatever color I was using. I waited 2 weeks for the paint to cure before reassembling and this paint is SOFT. it scuffs easy and mars with even the slightest touch from something that should be "non marring" I took a part to Sherwin Williams and they agreed that it wasn't as hard as it should be for an enamel. They gave me my 75 dollars back, but that doesn't change the fact that I have a less than durable product that took 30 hours to apply. I am beyond the point of stripping it down and going with something else so I will have to live with it for now, but it REALLY bugs me. Not sure what else I could have done as I thought I was making the correct decision. Anyways, here she is reassembled, but I still have several hours of touch ups that have to be done because of the soft paint.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Been gone a while but catching up. It looks great. Sorry to hear about the paint problems.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good luck with it and post up some pics, curious to see what those cans do to something on the receiving end. Have you considered making some canister?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    my first shot tomorrow will be a half filled can of concrete with the other half containing 50 158 grain lead semi wad cutters. pretty close to canister if you ask me.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I didnt take any photo's or videos myself, so i will share them on here as i get them. lovemywoods' wife took ALOT of really great photo's and he can either post them here if he would like, or make his own thread. Here are two videos that have been sent to me so far.

This first video is 5 oz of powder and TWO 24 oz cans of concrete.

This video was a 6 oz pool ball and just under 2 oz of powder.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Mrs. LMW and I have been busy working on the pictures from Saturday's event. Sorry it's taking a bit. Many pictures to process. (Plus a new barrel arrived today and I'm itching to put the upper together. :))

Here's just one...

2mxio93.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Your cannon sounds like my buddy's rifle reloads.....spooky!! Subject for another day. Nice job on that beast. It is more than apparent that someone put alot of time and thought into it.

Top Bottom