• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Any gunsmiths out there? I am a do-it-yourselfer, my dad always worked on cars and I have all his miscellaneous hardware. I used work on aircraft and have bins of assorted bolts, nuts, hardware and such too (nice grade 8 stuff), you know, stuff that is always handy to have when working on a project. It is surprising how much of my Triumph has aircraft grade hardware safety wired under it in places. :D

But when Dad passed away 7 years ago, I could not find his gunsmithing hardware stash. The guy always would have a screw, bolt, spring, something that could be used for whatever someone needed in a pinch.

Might there be any gunsmiths or hobbyist smiths out there that would consider trading or selling some misc hardware? I am looking for a grab bag that I could sort out and would have maybe a little of everything. Just the stuff for when someone drops a grip screw, launches a spring, wants to mount a sling and has one of the two studs or the wrong length one... that kind of stuff?

What kinds of collections of "stuffs" do you all have that could be recommended? I never know what I need until I or a friend loses something and then we never have it. Like I said, I have lots o crap for cars, aircraft, electronics and the like, but not this area. Open to suggestions and advice.

Top Bottom