• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Maybe a kinder tone in your general approach? I haven't got a dog in the fight, and frankly have only a passing interest in the subject here. But, I read the entire thread and almost all you seem to do is criticize, incite, and shout down. How does that help your effort? Is being "absolutely" right worth not having a single person on your side to answer? Even the title of the thread comes off as rude, as if you feel it is your RIGHT to demand that Gunsmiths on the group speak to you. Perhaps a little kindness and humility would go a long way toward moving your ideas and desires forward.:dunno:
    try to remember that i am typing, so a tone is not always easy to "hear".
    i was just having fun with the title, something that would grab peoples attention, so people would not just overlook it. i am not trying to criticize anybody. i just like hearing ideas. almost all ideas. being absolutly right part was something you dont understand. their is more going on behind the scenes on that arguement that are not public. if i rubbed people the wrong way, i am sorry. i am just trying to get people interested in a possible great product.
    The person i was arguing with, tried shooting down my idea, with lies. and then i found later on another post where he posted the same idea as if it was his. i found that very frustrating.
    so sorry to all offended, it was not meant to be offensive.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    try to remember that i am typing, so a tone is not always easy to "hear".
    i was just having fun with the title, something that would grab peoples attention, so people would not just overlook it. i am not trying to criticize anybody. i just like hearing ideas. almost all ideas. being absolutly right part was something you dont understand. their is more going on behind the scenes on that arguement that are not public. if i rubbed people the wrong way, i am sorry. i am just trying to get people interested in a possible great product.
    The person i was arguing with, tried shooting down my idea, with lies. and then i found later on another post where he posted the same idea as if it was his. i found that very frustrating.
    so sorry to all offended, it was not meant to be offensive.

Seriously, I didn't really get that type of tone when I read the thread. Didn't seem really abrasive or condescending to me. :twocents: :dunno:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    fn 5.7, many say it is very effective cause the projectile is traveling so fast, like 1700 feet per second. 27-40 grain bullet traveling at 1700 feet per second is pretty awesome.
    so i am thinking a 85 grain bullet at 1600 feet per second should be very potent. if we cant figure a new double stack glock look alike, maybe an ar 15 upper to fire this round.
    just trying to think of new ways to look at the problem.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Maybe a kinder tone in your general approach? I haven't got a dog in the fight, and frankly have only a passing interest in the subject here. But, I read the entire thread and almost all you seem to do is criticize, incite, and shout down. How does that help your effort? Is being "absolutely" right worth not having a single person on your side to answer? Even the title of the thread comes off as rude, as if you feel it is your RIGHT to demand that Gunsmiths on the group speak to you. Perhaps a little kindness and humility would go a long way toward moving your ideas and desires forward.:dunno:

thanks bro, i thought i was going crazy.
    I apologize most sincerely. I certainly didn't go into this thread looking for to cause a fight, and didn't intend to with my post. And, I do not think I did, but it appears I misinterpreted your words.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I apologize most sincerely. I certainly didn't go into this thread looking for to cause a fight, and didn't intend to with my post. And, I do not think I did, but it appears I misinterpreted your words.
    no probs man. just looking for answers to questions.
    i appreciate any imput you would like to provide.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Gawd, rimlock, grr. I have doublestack .22LR mags; you can't get much more rimmed than that, and mirabile dictu, no rimlock! I think whatever solution you came up with here would involve some serious expense for a one-off, and as nice as the round may be, I would think with as many pistols as there already are, there would be some support with ammunition already. Someone would have to get some serious market penetration to kickstart this round. Some rounds just die, and there's nothing for it.

Top Bottom