• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I didn't watch it. I didn't know any thing about it. I do like the Guntucky name. It is fitting. Kentucky bought more guns last year than any other state. Texas came in second. They also have the least restrictive gun laws of any state that I know of.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm watching the first episode now. It's painful. I thought the guys at Red Jacket were rednecks, but these guys make them look like city slickers. I really don't think this is the kind of image that we as gun owners really want being put out there. I know WE know better, but to the uninformed, it just reinforces negative stereotypes IMO. :noway: In addition to calling an SKS an "assault rifle", they're calling a Striker 12 an "automatic shotgun" (even though it's semi-auto). Phooey.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That M1917(A1), I think- said "Rock Island Arsenal" on the receiver, not "Rock Island Arms". M1917s were refurbished or remanufactured into A1s at Rock Island Arsenal after WWI

Am I missing something...would they screw that up that badly?

I'm no expert, it just didn't seem like a "Rock Island Arms" product. I know RIA for their well priced, very decent 1911s.

Was that an under 20 year old RIA replica?
    I can't find anything about Rock Island (RIA) making any machine gun reproductions. Even if they did, unless it was semi-auto, it would have to be non-functioning, wouldn't it? Don't "real" machine guns that civilians can own have to be made prior to 1986? So that would rule out a 20 year old functioning reproduction anyway... :dunno:

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    i was watching the second episode up until the moron asked if abe lincoln really killed vampires and said the movie was about history

to me the show is not worth watching

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'm pretty sure your parent can buy you a handgun. I don't r
    think that really falls into straw purchase category.

ETA it's right there on the ATF FAQ page

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    It 30 minutes of shooting stuff up. Goes to one thing to the next. I enjoy it and it nice when you DVR it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Saw some dudes dad shooting his cell phone and x-box.........that 3 mins was enough for me to switch channels, that puppet" Bubba J" of Dunhams show has more TV appeal.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Looks to me like American Guns without the mom and daughter in low cut tops, stacks of cash, and a helicopter.

I remember shopping in Sumner's hardware as a kid, running straight to the gun shop, and drooling over the pistols. I remember attending the machinegun shoots before there were spectators, just participants. I'm kind of disappointed that they would make a cheesy show like this. I mean really, a Mohawk? The only thing missing is a mullet...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's painful. I thought the guys at Red Jacket were rednecks, but these guys make them look like city slickers. I really don't think this is the kind of image that we as gun owners really want being put out there.

I know..How insulting to be considered a city slicker or worse yet someone from Broad Ripple or the Bardstown Road area of Louisville...

I hope they maintain their rural culture but with so many folks moving to urban areas it is getting kind of hard to do so without being made fun of..White rural folk with pride in their culture and accent are offically the last group in America that you can put down and know that the PC police will be right there by your side patting you on the back and saying, "Ah yes...Dumb rednecks..Just look at them with their flannel shirts, their stupid accents, and their infatuation with firearms..Ugh...Now for some latte and NPR.."

So what image should we gun owners try to portray that will be accepted by the latte sipping classes??? Or can perhaps we just be oursleves and not worry about what the NPR crowd thinks of us?

I go with the "To thine ownself be true" but that's just one redneck with an accent's opinion.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looks to me like American Guns without the mom and daughter in low cut tops, stacks of cash, and a helicopter.

I remember shopping in Sumner's hardware as a kid, running straight to the gun shop, and drooling over the pistols. I remember attending the machinegun shoots before there were spectators, just participants. I'm kind of disappointed that they would make a cheesy show like this. I mean really, a Mohawk? The only thing missing is a mullet...

We must be the same age...I went there with my dad (Sumner's Harware) in about 1971 and there were barrels of swords, 1903 Springfields, Trapdoors, and vintage firearms of all types...It was like a candy store...Biff's shop makes my heart pound everytime I walk in the door...

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I'm pretty sure your parent can buy you a handgun. I don't r
    think that really falls into straw purchase category.

ETA it's right there on the ATF FAQ page
    Negative. A parent may buy a firearm for a child, but, here, the problem would be that the ineligible purchaser [child] would be reimbursing the eligible purchaser [parent]. It's the reimbursement that's the problem.

Top Bottom