• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I was thinking of getting a 9mm rifle (mentioned in another thread). I really like the H&K MP5, and have a few questions (maybe better suited to the NFA section).

Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? Good or bad? Would they require an NFA stamp? According to H&K's website the MP5 N has an overall length (with stock extended) of 27.25 inches which would avoid an NFA stamp (even with an 8.85" barrel) right? On the H&K website, it's listed under Military and Law Enforcement, as opposed to civilian and commercial. Does this mean that it's not available to civilians for some reason (obviously by this question, I'm neither military nor law enforcement)?

lg_mp5n.jpg

Note: I'm aware that the rifle in the photo is select fire including full auto (which would require and NFA stamp). This photo is just a reference of what I'm interested in getting, in semi-auto only.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Rifles have to have a 16" barrel, and to get one like that, you need a couple grand plus the 200.00 tax stamp for a SBR. I personally think a 9mm smg style carbine is way more practical/efficient than a 223 powder burning, fire breather, omfg its loud, 22 cal, underpowered sbr, any day, and its a shame nobody makes a HK mp5 carbine for a good price nowdays.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Wow! That ATI 94 is exactly what I'm looking for. However, it looks like the 9mm has been discontinued, and that they only have that style for 22lr still in production.

Is this true?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rifles have to have a 16" barrel, and to get one like that, you need a couple grand plus the 200.00 tax stamp for a SBR. I personally think a 9mm smg style carbine is way more practical/efficient than a 223 powder burning, fire breather, omfg its loud, 22 cal, underpowered sbr, any day, and its a shame nobody makes a HK mp5 carbine for a good price nowdays.

aw c'mon! Plinks are hella fun.... and more importantly cheap! Practical, not so much

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The gun in your pic is select fire and not available new to commoners, only the king's men may buy them. A legally transferable one will run you about $17-20K, if you can find someone willing to part with one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The gun in your pic is select fire and not available new to commoners, only the king's men may buy them. A legally transferable one will run you about $17-20K, if you can find someone willing to part with one.

What king? And who are his men?

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville

This is why you get a new barrel for your AR in 300 Blackout and shoot 220 grain rounds. Way more impressive than a wimpy 9mm and blows 223 away, all in the subsonic role.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Consider an AR in 300 Blackout. Absolutely beautiful in the supersonic role with a 110 grain 7.62mm bullet or the 220 grain 7.62mm bullet in the subsonic role. This is a pic of my blackout rifle. Its way more impressive than 223 or 9mm in both the subsonic and supersonic role and recoil is less than 223.

Top Bottom