• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Purchased a VP9 a few months back and have really been enjoying it in competition. Although, there is one thing about it that really seems to bug me. On the lower portion of the trigger guard, it has a channel that is formed underneath the trigger. I'm guessing this is for clearance. Due to the sharpness of the edges, I get a bit of a cutting/slicing into my finger after shooting a few rounds.

I was thinking of grinding/sanding down those edges underneath he trigger to make it more comfortable, otherwise i feel like I'll have to wear gloves. Has anyone else had this issue with their VP9?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Purchased a VP9 a few months back and have really been enjoying it in competition. Although, there is one thing about it that really seems to bug me. On the lower portion of the trigger guard, it has a channel that is formed underneath the trigger. I'm guessing this is for clearance. Due to the sharpness of the edges, I get a bit of a cutting/slicing into my finger after shooting a few rounds.

I was thinking of grinding/sanding down those edges underneath he trigger to make it more comfortable, otherwise i feel like I'll have to wear gloves. Has anyone else had this issue with their VP9?

Yes, it's a common complaint on HK pistols. I never experienced it as much on either of my HK 45s or my P30 as I do on the VP 9 though. I see no reason not to mod it.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yes, it's a common complaint on HK pistols. I never experienced it as much on either of my HK 45s or my P30 as I do on the VP 9 though. I see no reason not to mod it.

Ah cool. As far as the mod, am I thinking the right way? grind/sand it down? Is there a better or more clever way to go about it that just going right for it?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Ah cool. As far as the mod, am I thinking the right way? grind/sand it down? Is there a better or more clever way to go about it that just going right for it?

I'm joking here, but just get a CZ 75 Shadow and you won't have to worry about it. You won't be shooting your VP9 a whole lot after that. Ha. Seriously though, I haven't done anything to mine other than changing out the springs for a lighter trigger pull. I don't shoot mine enough that it REALLY bothers me, but if you come up with something take pictures. Seems like you could start with a pretty minimal rounding/smoothing and gradually work up from there to be conservative and careful.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm joking here, but just get a CZ 75 Shadow and you won't have to worry about it. You won't be shooting your VP9 a whole lot after that. Ha. Seriously though, I haven't done anything to mine other than changing out the springs for a lighter trigger pull. I don't shoot mine enough that it REALLY bothers me, but if you come up with something take pictures. Seems like you could start with a pretty minimal rounding/smoothing and gradually work up from there to be conservative and careful.

Yeah, that's all you hear anymore at the shoots. "Just get a CZ"

I actually really enjoy shooting this gun. I feel like I can drive nails with it when I need to, and that's all that matters to me unless I really think I'm going to make a run at placing in USPSA. I mostly just show up and shoot to have a good time. I don't need the best of the best or to follow any fads to do that.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Oh, I didn't mean to touch on a nerve. I am more an HK fan than a CZ fan. How can you not love a firearm that is accurate and will reliably shoot anything you put in it? When my buddy and I were doing load testing with my CZ and my HK and had problems with cycling in the CZ, my joke was, "Okay, just save those rounds to shoot through the VP9."

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Oh, I didn't mean to touch on a nerve. I am more an HK fan than a CZ fan. How can you not love a firearm that is accurate and will reliably shoot anything you put in it? When my buddy and I were doing load testing with my CZ and my HK and had problems with cycling in the CZ, my joke was, "Okay, just save those rounds to shoot through the VP9."

No nerve hit, but after rereading I can see where it would come off as such. I'm definitely have a thicker skin that that. Busy day and am posting in between projects.

I'm just not a hype guy. I'm sure there are definite benefits to having the CZ (18rd mag being one), but I'm not anywhere near a shooting level where it will matter what gun I shoot in the first place. I have tons more skill that need to be improved before minute changes with really matter. You know, like not getting myself DQ'd from a match. LOL

I bought the H&K and loved it from he first trigger pull. Plus, I shoot well with it. I'm hooked on this gun at this point with no intentions to replace it anytime soon.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    No nerve hit, but after rereading I can see where it would come off as such. I'm definitely have a thicker skin that that. Busy day and am posting in between projects.

I'm just not a hype guy. I'm sure there are definite benefits to having the CZ (18rd mag being one), but I'm not anywhere near a shooting level where it will matter what gun I shoot in the first place. I have tons more skill that need to be improved before minute changes with really matter. You know, like not getting myself DQ'd from a match. LOL

I bought the H&K and loved it from he first trigger pull. Plus, I shoot well with it. I'm hooked on this gun at this point with no intentions to replace it anytime soon.

You might check out the Taylor Freelance mag extensions, which bring your mags up to 20. I have 3 and they have been flawless. Coupled with the already expensive VP9/P30 mags, it really adds up, but what doesn't in shooting?

As far as the CZ goes, I think mine has something like a 2.5 SA and a 4.5 lb DA after llh56 worked on it. Around a 3-4mm reset or something ridiculous. That's the benefit to me, plain and simple. The trigger is super smooth and light. Meh. I won't tell you that you need one without it being in jest.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You might check out the Taylor Freelance mag extensions, which bring your mags up to 20. I have 3 and they have been flawless. Coupled with the already expensive VP9/P30 mags, it really adds up, but what doesn't in shooting?

As far as the CZ goes, I think mine has something like a 2.5 SA and a 4.5 lb DA after llh56 worked on it. Around a 3-4mm reset or something ridiculous. That's the benefit to me, plain and simple. The trigger is super smooth and light. Meh. I won't tell you that you need one without it being in jest.

Yeah, if I had one real complaint, it would be the cost and availability of mags. Crazy expensive compared to the mil-spec beretta & 1911 mags I'm used to getting by the truck load.

Thanks for the insight. I may look into a trigger kit and a mag extension. I know I'd definitely like to put an over-travel stop on this thing, so it would make sense to get the trigger while I was at it.

Maybe this weekend I'll break out the filing kit and start not his trigger guard.

Top Bottom