• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I'm looking for H110 powder. Anyone know if it is available in central IN?

thanks!

You might scroll down to the Profire Arms and Supply subforum and post that question. Andrew will tell you straight whether he has it or can even get it. Hodgdon powders are really hard to find right now.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    What fire?
    Hogdgen purchases bulk powder from ADI down under. They (ADI) had a fire and it interrupted the normal flow into some countries. Some of the boards I frequent have international members. What bulk powders they produce for hodgden I do not know but ADI makes Vihtavuori and they have a powder that is almost a equivalent of h110. I believe they call it
    n110.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    How about a link to this fire. You would think that a fire in a munitions plant, (even a small one), would generate some press.
    I've seen lots of talk about it on different gun boards, but have yet to see a link to an actual news source.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I read the same thing about the ADI plant while I was researching Hodgdon Clays. The info I saw said the fire was at the plant that manufactures the Clays series of powders. I'm not sure if it would affect H110/296 production or not. At least Hodgdon has an excuse. We're not seeing much Alliant and IMR these days either.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The ADI plant problems took place in August 2013. ADI is up and running full bore now without issues. I emailed my mate in Oz and and he told me this is OLD news and he hasn't heard of any sort of new troubles at the plant. He is a LD rifle shooter and regular user of ADI powder. I asked him specifically if there were any troubles beyond his borders and he told me again, none.

here's a link to their News Page at ADI ADI Powders Handloaders' Guide

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    What are you loading with H110? I have my favorites but the scarcity of powders in the last year or so has caused me to try whatever I could find. Almost all loads have alternatives with different powders. For example I had been loading .300 AAC BLACKOUT with H110 but ran out. So I came upon some Accurate 1680 from another INGO member and found that I got excellent results with it also.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    If it is listed on their site does that indicate that they have it in stock. Or is that just a list of what they carry if they can get it?

Generally does not indicate that it is in stock, only that they carry it. The times I've been in, if they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, they had an acceptable substitute. They keep their powder in a different building, so it can be a bit frustrating when they have to leave and go look. I'd recommend calling ahead and giving them a list of powders that would work for you.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Thanks for the help. I will make a list and give them a call.

Generally does not indicate that it is in stock, only that they carry it. The times I've been in, if they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, they had an acceptable substitute. They keep their powder in a different building, so it can be a bit frustrating when they have to leave and go look. I'd recommend calling ahead and giving them a list of powders that would work for you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom