• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, I just started open carrying, but I have read the laws and Indiana constitution...
    So, I was at speedway gas station on 52nd and Laffayette Rd just a few minutes ago grabbin a pack of ciggs and an ice tea. I was open carrying my 1911, so I got in line and i hear "you can't open cary that"... I ask well who are you? He replied, "im a deputy with the marion county sheriffs dept. I asked if i can see his ID he then askes me for mine, i politely ask him if i can see his first, he whips it out and is like "yea, how about that" (duputy TIM DAVIS for the record)... so I give him my DL and my LTCH. He then procedes to lecture me that Indiana is a conceal carry state only... I dissagreed. So now that he's got his chest puffed out like an ape, he says "well why don't we just step out to my car and I'll call IMPD and they'll come up here and take away your gun and your licence. I said, sir, I'd be more than happy to step outside with you while you call IMPD... So he does, a few minutes they roll up. I was dissarmed and i gave them my DL and my LTCH... They check it and of course Im clean. The LEO comes back with my weapon in hand and says to the now firey red deputy that he checks out and he gives me back my weapon. The deputy is STILL trying to despute that INDIANA IS A CONCEAL STATE ONLY... WRONG, WRONG WRONG... this just happened to me so sorry if this is like a rant.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Why did they disarm you? file a complaint on the deputy and get that deputy in some CRAP!!

+1 to IMPD for knowing the law

-1 to IMPD for disarming him, which according to past court cases is against the law without PC

-20 to the d-bag deputy. look for another career rather than harrassing citizens. and learn the law you swore an oath to

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Way to be informed!

Way to stand your ground!

To bad you had to waste your time.

Not all LEOs (just like not all citizens) understand the law. A little re-education now and then ain't a bad thing.

Rep-inbound.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    they ARE harassing people. Sherrif at the speedway by my house (which I always OC at) came at my father similarly on saturday. but he was in a hurry and didn't argue.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A big +1 for that, you handled it well. Another for not getting proned and stomped. And yet another for the ossifer knowing the law. It should not have happened, they wasted your time, but I'd raise a stink about it.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The duputy asked the IMPD to dissarm me because why?... WTF? I don't know if I should report him or not?

I would report the deputy and the IMPD officers, they had no reason to disarm you, they need a little training as well.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    +1 to you. You did the right thing.

I would imagine you call the sheriff's dept that he was representing and ask the operator (politely :)) to file a complaint.

Top Bottom