• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    This past weekend I down in Clarksville at Falls City Firearms visiting Rick and all the members at the meet-n-greet. Knew about the one (the m27) that was there and already had a good idea it was coming home with me. Well, there was another, a M39, that I decided needed a new home also.
    The m27 is a 1935 Tikka, bolt matched. Bore is o.k., a little pitting but very shootable. Rear half of the stock is from a older Russian m91 with still visible cartouches and an old serial. Trigger pull is real nice, just a bit of take up then a crisp break of about 4 pounds. Bolt is typical Finn, nice and slick. Haven't shot it so I don't know about accuracy.
    The m39 is a 1941 VKT, which makes 4 from that year and arsenal I have. This one has seen the elephant and looks it. Stock is beat up and has several repairs. Bluing mostly gone. Bore is actually not bad, a little frosted but mostly shiny. Barrel, bolt, and magazine serials all match. Trigger pull is real nice, hardly any creep and about 3 pound pull. Bolt is a thing of beauty, slick as snot. Probably the best on any of my Finns, and light years better than a refurbed Soviet. Here are a few pics.
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And now for the rest of the story. Got home Saturday and was showing my prizes off to The Boss. Got the m27 out of the case, she's like, yeah, whatever. Then she asked about the m39, still in the case. If I had just got it. Yep. She says she doesn't like it, had a bad "vibe" to it. Started to pull it out and she told me to get out of the living room and put it away. Not the first time she's gotten a strange feeling from a old warhorse but that was the first time she reacted like she did.

Top Bottom