Had a small discussion with a Co-worker today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    Pretty much everyone that I associate with at work knows I'm going to the rally tomorrow. Some of them agree with it, a few of them call me an extremist doing this. To practice my 1st and 2nd amendment rights to the public are too extreme to them.
    As I was leaving, one of them had the audacity to say that the people are going to this rally are nothing more than a bunch of pissed off rednecks that are against Obama making the world a safer place.
    That kind of pissed me off because first of all: I am no redneck and the majority of us are not either, and Obama is NOT making the world safer at all.

I don't know if that was a joke he said because I can't really take the guy seriously but that comment just didn't sound right to me at all. Next time I see him, I'm going to ask why he thinks that all gun owners are rednecks. Because I am not, I respect the lifestyle though.

Just thought I'd want to share. Even if he's not being serious, the majority of the people on the left DO believe this.

-Obama is making the world a safer place.

-Because UAV drones flying over American soil is making this country more safer.

-Because ignoring the ATF's Fast and Furious scandal is making this country a safer place to live.

-Because removing the right to own a specific type of firearm will make this country a safer place.

-Because criminals will give up their firearms once this ridiculous legislation becomes law.

-This Kool-aid tastes delicious. :koolaid:

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    Is this the scary right-wing extremist talk that DHS was warning me about?

Don't try anything you racist-whack jobs... I have scissors.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My brother in law refered to Tea Partiers as 'TeaBaggers'<can I say that here...he shouldn't have with my 7 yr old daughter in ear shot>....

He believes all tea partiers are racists and you're not convincing him any different...so I probably would have lost it when they said that even if they were joking. I lost it when my b-in-law threw out the tea bagger comment.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If your co-worker made those comments, at some level he must think they are accurate. I, too, would be pissed about the comments made. I have a few co-workers that are anti-gun but fortunately we can have logical discussions about it. They don't agree with me and I don't agree with them, but not once have they resorted to calling me names.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    While at work, a small group of us were discussing firearms, when a kid, by tha i mean 20, came over and started spouting lefty thoughts and opinions. this type of thing does not normally bother me, hell everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the stuff falling out of his mouth was just wrong. Like the sandy hook shooting was with a fully automatic rifle. the movie theater the same thing. it got me wondering, were in the hell did this kid get his info, and are there more people who think like this. so i decided to join him in debate when he said silencers make it impossible to connect the bullet to the gun that fired it. i said what do you mean? he said if you shoot someone with a silencer a doctor would not be able to link the bullet to the gun, so the muderer gets away with it.
    i wish i could have thought of something to say, but i was completely floored by this comment. my other co-workers and i decided that this kid was too stupid to help, and decided to ignore any other comments after that.

When people are truly ignorant, sometimes there is nothing you can do, but let them enjoy there ignorance in peace. cause you can talk tell you are blue in the face, their opinions will never change.

Top Bottom