• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I live in Indiana near the Ohio border. Today I had to go to the Preble County Sheriff’s Office in Eaton, Ohio to have my fingerprints digitally scanned for an FBI and civilian background checks. I am a nurse in Indiana and I am applying for reciprocity so I can work in Ohio as well. I have my Indiana LTCH and my Florida permit, which is recognized by the State of Ohio. I was carrying a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I knew that I was unable to take my weapon into the Sheriff building in Ohio, so when I got there I put in the glove compartment. I did not remove the holster, as it was empty and covered with my shirt. I told the woman behind the glass why I was there and started the paperwork. While I was filling out the paperwork, I saw the sign saying that it is unlawful to carry a weapon on the premises. I have to say I puckered. I went back to the van and removed the holster, so the deputy that I would be interacting with wouldn’t find the holster in case they do pat downs, as I saw that I would be going into a locked area. When he called me back, he asked if I had any guns, knives, or sharp objects. I told him I had an ink pen, which he said was fine. I went through two security doors into an area where there were prisoners in the fancy jumpsuits watching TV, as the Sheriff’s office and the Preble County Jail are in the same building. There was also a very large desk with four deputies working. Now, getting down to brass tacks. Is the entire facility including the parking lot considered the premises or just the front door where the sign was posted. I realize that one would have to get out of the vehicle and enter through the first set of doors and into the foyer to read the sign, but that doesn’t mean that some deputy wouldn’t claim it is the whole complex. I have so much to lose if I were to get arrested for something stupid like that. I am a straight shooter and try not to take chances. I don’t even like to speed in my car.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    :scratch:

I'm confused... #1, how do you "apply for reciprocity"? and #2, if you already have your FL permit why did you need to do #1?

I don't believe he was applying for reciprocity for carrying a handgun. I'm pretty sure he was applying for reciprocity for his nursing license, why he had to do that at a police station I have no idea, except maybe for the background check.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I'd assume it was just "off limits" where inmates had access. Pretty standd for every correction facility I have ever been in. re-affrims my theory since he asked about knives and everything.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I don't believe he was applying for reciprocity for carrying a handgun. I'm pretty sure he was applying for reciprocity for his nursing license, why he had to do that at a police station I have no idea, except maybe for the background check.

You are correct. I was applying for reciprocity of a nursing license. The Ohio Board of Nursing requires an FBI and civilian background check including a digital fingerprint. Preble County was the closest to my home. The whole process has already cost me $170 with all of the forms and hoops to jump through.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You are correct. I was applying for reciprocity of a nursing license. The Ohio Board of Nursing requires an FBI and civilian background check including a digital fingerprint. Preble County was the closest to my home. The whole process has already cost me $170 with all of the forms and hoops to jump through.
    Ah... I see now... sorry... I was just so confused...

Top Bottom