• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    So my nephew comes to my house last night to get some advice on some personal issues. He brought his wife and newborn baby along with him(cutest baby on earth by the way).

We talked for a while and then we sat at the Kitchen table and had something to eat. Seated at the table were myself, my nephew, his wife and my son. In the next room was my wife, my daughter and my nephews newborn son.

My nephew says hey do you "want to see my gun". I said - do you have it with you? He said it's in the car. I turned to my son and said - oh great, that is usually the last thing someone remembers hearing just before the gun goes off "hey, do you want to see my gun? - BAAAM"!

I have no problem with seeing the gun but you know when you get that feeling that this probably isn't the best place and time for it? Then all the threads about "it happened to me, an ND" are going through your mind. Well, I just laughed it off and let it go. Between you and me, I don't exactly trust the gun handling abilities of my 22 y.o. nephew just yet. I haven't been with him at all since he got this gun (his first handgun), so I am not feeling like this is the place to see how well he knows the safety rules. Ah, better just let it stay in the car. I have opened my mouth in response in to many of those ND threads. I don't want to be the one that starts the ND thread now. I will see it at the range sometime.

Be safe, use your brain or be ready to donate it to science.;)

96ramair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Delphi
    I just picked a gun this morning meeting a guy a dairy queen. He gets there I get out walk up to his truck to check out the gun that he had in the box. I opened the box racked the slide to my suprise a shell flies out. I drop the mag and clear the gun and asked him why would you leave it loaded like that abd give it to someone he had no response. .

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Lovemachine and churchmouse must be vets. I remember our drill sergeant drilling it in our heads that our gun was our d..k. Our rifle or pistol were our weapons. Damn Fort Knox memories keep popping up. Yeah for Misery and Agony.

Top Bottom