• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was rushed into the cath lab at Methodist a year or so ago, nurses there still remember that I was armed in the operating room, security actually met me at my car when I left a few days later with my gun, I had to be wheeled out, very positive experience with security there

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Always wandered what would happen in that instance. Thanks for sharing the experience. The closest I have been to that situation was when I stopped at an urgent care place to take a drug test for work. I COULD have left my gun in the car, but I wasnt really thinking about it. They have you empty your pockets into a lock box before you go into a room, and when I dropped the magazine pouch into the box, I thought the nurse was going to have a heart attack. She didnt say a word about me leaving the 1911 right where it was in the IWB holster. The only "reaction" that I got out of her was a bit more sense of urgency getting the paperwork finished, and me on my way, but no security, or anything said by anyone about a gun.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I know at St. Francis south the Security is good with carriers. If Security finds out you have it, they either ask you to secure it in your car or have YOU store it in a lock box in their office (because it's, unfortunately, hospital policy). I know they fill out make/model/serial number but don't ask to see a LTCH or run the gun or anything (unless you want them to).

If your a visitor, just conceal and you'll be fine.

Don't ask me how I know. :yesway:

Top Bottom