covered.

Class Location:
    Glas-Col Annex
    (Old Idaho Post Office Building)
    1715 South 8th Street
    Terre Haute, IN.

Class Fee:
    $30 (includes a copy of the textbook)
    $5 (if you already have a copy of the textbook)

Class Textbook:
    ARRL Extra Class License Manual, Tenth Edition
    (NOTE: Previous editions of the book cannot be used.)

Class Registration:
    You can pre-register for the class on the WVARA website:
    http://www.w9uuu. org/classes. html
    Map & driving directions are also available on the website.
    73, Ray, K9DUR
    http://k9dur. info

Technician, General, Amateur Extra (Danville/Hendricks County)
    Classes in Hendricks County will be on Tuesday evenings this year, beginning on January 29, 2013. Instruction for all classes of license will be offered. Classes will run approximately 2 hours, beginning at 7:00 pm. The classes will run 8 or 9 weeks. Classes will be held at the Hendricks County Senior Center, just north of Hendricks Regional Health in Danville. Contact Jay Wright, KK9L, for more information.

Technician (Franklin/Johnson County)
    ONE DAY TECHNICIAN CLASS COMING IN JOHNSON COUNTY
    This note from Jack Parker, W8ISH: This may be a bit early, but I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on our plans to sponsor a one-day Technician License Class on Saturday February 9, 2013. If you know of someone who is interested in taking the class refer them to secretary@midstateh ams.org. Seating will be limited to 25 students so they should register early to insure a spot. We require all students to purchase the Technician Class License Manual, Second Edition.
    ARRL :: Licensing, Education & Training :: Ham Radio License Manual Revised 2nd Edition
    The class will be nine hours of instruction with testing to follow. The class begins promptly at 8AM in our meeting room at the Johnson County EOC.

Technician (Osgood/Ripley County)
    The Ripley County Amateur Radio Club (Osgood,Indiana 47037) offers a Technician school in the Spring around March which is 4 weeks long, 2 nights per week, the cost is the book fee of $23.00 and then your test fee of $15. We also offer a General school which is in the Fall , the same fees apply for this class also.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Do you have to have equipment to take a technician class? I am interested in learning about this but have no experience or equipment. I would like to learn more before buying.

Also, what is the duration of the tech class in Danville? How do I get ahold of Jay Wright? I did not see his contact info in the OP. (But I am on a phone. So, may have missed it.)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Technician, General, Amateur Extra (Danville/Hendricks County)
    Classes in Hendricks County will be on Tuesday evenings this year, beginning on January 29, 2013. Instruction for all classes of license will be offered. Classes will run approximately 2 hours, beginning at 7:00 pm. The classes will run 8 or 9 weeks. Classes will be held at the Hendricks County Senior Center, just north of Hendricks Regional Health in Danville. Contact Jay Wright, KK9L, for more information.

According to FCC data, KK9L is no longer licensed in amateur radio.

A google web search of this man, reveals less than upstanding information (unknown if true or not) about him.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    This is great to hear! I'm glad someone is actually doing classes. I'd love to get my General, but my schedule will not permit my attendance to a regular course.

Randy
    K4RSD

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not accusing anybody. I thought maybe the start date was off. I went to the WVARA through your link, e-mailed then, and found that you can still join in this coming Tuesday for the first actual instructional class, but a definite brain fart on my part, I thought this was a DC to daylight kinda thing, to take someone from ground zero through Tech, Gen, and finally to Extra in one fell swoop.

I'm looking at the books on Amazon for $78, and have already gone to the ARRL for the question pools to get started. I'll know this weekend if it's a legitimate possibility for me to get into this class and get anything out of it. Also looking at a pair of BaoFeng UV-5R+s for $95.

Wondering about milling a new shell for them out of billet aluminum.

Krogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When folks ask me where to get study material or training, I tell them to go to Ham Test Online. I found that the folks I sent this way learned faster than with any of the books. HTO is an adaptive system that runs through the questions in the question pool, finds where you are weak and spends more time there, with theory and repetition. At the end of the day, there are things you must just memorize.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Not accusing anybody. I thought maybe the start date was off. I went to the WVARA through your link, e-mailed then, and found that you can still join in this coming Tuesday for the first actual instructional class, but a definite brain fart on my part, I thought this was a DC to daylight kinda thing, to take someone from ground zero through Tech, Gen, and finally to Extra in one fell swoop.

I'm looking at the books on Amazon for $78, and have already gone to the ARRL for the question pools to get started. I'll know this weekend if it's a legitimate possibility for me to get into this class and get anything out of it. Also looking at a pair of BaoFeng UV-5R+s for $95.

Wondering about milling a new shell for them out of billet aluminum.

Cathy -- No problem; those came from a couple Yahoo groups I'm in, and time they get relayed, that is going to happen. Hope it works out for you, and good luck with the class. Always glad to see new hams in the area.... Greg/Grizhicks, de K9TLA

Krogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I am the VE Team leader for SCICSG, in Columbus. My team and I have discussed holding Technician classes. I'd like to get a read on how many of you would be interested in a One or Two day crash Technician course.

We represent The Laurel VEC and do NOT charge for testing,,EVER.

We have decided on No charges for study and obviously no charges for testing.
    This makes the course free sans your time and expense getting to the class.

Study material like the ARRL Study book is not included, however we do not feel that it will be required. You may at your option purchase the book for some self study prior to the session. We feel that some basic electronics knowledge, the willingness to learn, and a positive attitude should be all that is required.

Of course we offer Free Testing throughout the year.
    Scicsg.org ---> VE Test Team for schedule

Please let me know what your feelings are on a class. If we end up doing a Technician course and it's successful we may offer General and Extra courses.

Top Bottom