• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My SP101 357 has a hammer. I seldom cock it before shooting just because it has such an easy trigger I forget it's there. When I remember to cock it, it does reduce the gun jerk action a little.

So far this has been my carry gun. I've carried it in my waistband in an IWB holster and barely noticed it there. I also purse carry it when waist carry isn't an option. It's a really nice gun. I like it a lot. I just wish it held more than 5 bullets.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I prefer a hammer on a revolver, and semi auto too come to think about it. I think it gives you more options while shooting. I recently picked up a S&W Mod 65 that someone "bobbed" the hammer on and I hate it!! Anybody have a K Frame hammer laying around I can have? :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    In a friendly way I am chuckling at the posts on this thread. You all DO realize that without a hammer no loud noise and projectile ejection can occur?

Now, the hammer might have the spur removed like I have done with my 1990's SP 101 or it might be enclosed in the frame like it is in my 442 and 642 revolvers, but it is still there even though you cannot see it......

They are not hammerless in any event.

I like my SP101 with the hammer spur removed.

Top Bottom