• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If any Hammond residents have been adversely affected by the illegal Hammond gun ban and are interested in challenging the city's ordinances, please PM me.

By "adversely affected," I mean that you have been prevented from carrying a firearm onto city property for fear of being charged with a violation of a Hammond city ordinance since 7/1/2011, and your possession and carrying of that firearm would have otherwise been entirely lawful (e.g., you have a valid LTCH).

Guy
    Can I watch?:popcorn:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like the Mayor may have a problem on his hands.....

Duties of a Mayor
    IC 36-4-5-3
    Powers and duties
    Sec. 3. The executive shall:
    (1) enforce the ordinances of the city and the statutes of the state;
    Reasons for impeachment:
    IC 5-8-1-35
    Verification of accusation; citing party; hearing; judgment
    Sec. 35. (a) When an accusation in writing, verified by the oath of any person, is presented to a circuit court, alleging that any officer within the jurisdiction of the court has been guilty of:
    (1) charging and collecting illegal fees for services rendered or to be rendered in his office;
    (2) refusing or neglecting to perform the official duties pertaining to his office; or
    (3) violating IC 36-6-4-17(b) if the officer is the executive of a township;
    So, did the mayor and/or city council REALLY say they are refusing to enforce a State Law?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sounds like the Mayor may have a problem on his hands.....

Duties of a Mayor
    Reasons for impeachment:
    So, did the mayor and/or city council REALLY say they are refusing to enforce a State Law?

Your from NOT NWI so I'll forgive you but no one will impeach/recall/or ask the mayor to step down. He is in charge of the LAKE COUNTY political machine as he is the Lake County Democratic Committee Chair. Those IC you quotes are for regular people like you and me. He is above those IC. Just like daily got away with gangster style tearing up miges fields, Hammond Mayor is going to get away (for a while more) dis-obeying the law.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    thumbnail.aspx

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Your from NOT NWI so I'll forgive you but no one will impeach/recall/or ask the mayor to step down. He is in charge of the LAKE COUNTY political machine as he is the Lake County Democratic Committee Chair. Those IC you quotes are for regular people like you and me. He is above those IC. Just like daily got away with gangster style tearing up miges fields, Hammond Mayor is going to get away (for a while more) dis-obeying the law.

So, not a single citizen in Hammond is willing to present the accusation in writing to the civil court?

He really does have you all running scared.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, not a single citizen in Hammond is willing to present the accusation in writing to the civil court?

He really does have you all running scared.

The vast majority of NWI is D and they either like him or dont want to mess with "it" (the machine). It took 33 years to finally remove the previous D boss for Lake County. That way Mayor of East Chicago Robert A Patrick probably the 2nd to last national politcial machine boss (Daily being the last one).

He feds and state never got anything to stick on him for. The best they got was this:
    Ex-East Chicago mayor, aides ordered to pay $108 million - Chicago Breaking News

& even that Pastrick got the last laugh as the 108 million he was ordered to pay the city/state/fed never saw a dime. Pastrick filed for bankrupty and all his other assests had long gone be transsferred to other people (ie. family, etc..) so in the end the fed spend millions to trie him & only won a paper victory.

Corruption up here is everywhere. The hammond mayor like his predecessor has nothing to worry about.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know, just for grins I tried that address and it actually took me to W3C. When you type www.www.org it changes it to www.w3c.org.

oh the days we live in:D

I believe that this thread has officially left the tracks:):

Yes when I was thinking of an "address" that gives you eveyrthing on the internet the only think I could think of was www.www.www but that sounded dumb so I changed it to .com but that was too commerical so I figured ok then .org. I did try it to see what it gave me and yes W3C comes up but alas it was the best I could do.

Was trying to do a funny similar to this pic.
    downloadwww.gif

bet your answer to all your questions is in that zip file. ;)

BTW I blame Bill B for this thread going off track! :D

Top Bottom