• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found some .223 at the beautiful Hammond Wallyworld yesterdayand decided to grab it.

I didn't wish to deal with Zirhira, an employee with an attitude so they shipped me off to electronics. Whi le making the purchase its customary for the employee to view your ID since the company policy isn't to sell to Illinois residents. So I showed the man my DL to which he states " I gotta see your carry license"

"Uh, no you do not."

He looks down and sees my openly carried glock and hears me state "I wanna see your manager". Guess he figured I was legal and rang me up. Kinda figures, there's no "NASA" sign out front...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Found some .223 at the beautiful Hammond Wallyworld yesterdayand decided to grab it.

I didn't wish to deal with Zirhira, an employee with an attitude so they shipped me off to electronics. Whi le making the purchase its customary for the employee to view your ID since the company policy isn't to sell to Illinois residents. So I showed the man my DL to which he states " I gotta see your carry license"

"Uh, no you do not."

He looks down and sees my openly carried glock and hears me state "I wanna see your manager". Guess he figured I was legal and rang me up. Kinda figures, there's no "NASA" sign out front...

So he wanted to see your license to carry a handgun in order for you to purchase what is generally considered rifle ammunition? Very interesting.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

"Uh, no you do not."

What do you mean its company policy not to sell ammo to Illinois residents?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I buy ammo at hammond wal mart all the time with no problem but i do not oc. What was wrong with zirhira?

I was wondering that too. Maybe in the few times he's been there she gave him some "'tude," during a prior encounter.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wal-Mart employees aren't known for their deep knowledge of company policy.

I had an expired DL, so I also carried my federally issued passport ID. I've had them give me guff and tell me they can't accept it. A quick internal phone call to the manager has corrected their assumption, allowing me to purchase my ammo and be on my way.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    People are always going to make up rules out of fear of doing something wrong or to advance their own agendas. Just like the girl at the office supply store who won't copy your LTCH because she has been told it is against the law.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I'd be shocked if most of the time it wasn't the former. Less a desire to oppress gun owners than fear of screwing up and ending up unemployed.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Walllllllllll-Marrrrrrrrrrrrt has done well for itself with the Schetzstaffel watching the sheeple in their Wal Vest's mind the shops and take such good care of the "customers". Now that most have been trained to go to "the store" and we have "the affordable health care" program getting into place and everyone eventually will just get use to it. I think its almost time to introduce "the affordable car" for all in America. Possibly a rear engine air cooled unit that is dependable and low cost. Didn't "the government" bail out a couple of automobile companies a few years ago ? The names escape me now. Guess it is once again time to retire to the cave and remanufacture projectiles while Bert calls me a Troll. Be careful in that big parking lot folks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What do you mean its company policy not to sell ammo to Illinois residents?

I think this is what they mean.
    Illinois residents must have a FOID to buy ammo. Many of the Wal Marts near the border ask for ID to be sure that you are an Indiana resident.

Correct and if they see an IL DL then the employee will ask for the customer's IL FOID card. If they don't have it they will not complete the sale.

Top Bottom