• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I'll be going to Virginia via Ohio. So through Ohio, I'll have to lock it up and put it in the back of the vehicle. Once in Virginia, I can OPEN carry, because VA does not recgonize our LTCH, but does allow open carry without any permits.

Am I understanding the laws correctly?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A couple of things. In OH mags and speedloads must be unloaded also, or any gun they fit is considered loaded. OC is also legal in W.VA, but their are a few places that have grandfathered law against it. VA has total preemption on local laws.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Could someone cite the VA. law concerning open carry by a non resident? I was looking at Handgunlaws. com and did not see anything about open carry, just that they don't honor our ltch.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Could someone cite the VA. law concerning open carry by a non resident? I was looking at Handgunlaws. com and did not see anything about open carry, just that they don't honor our ltch.

I'm looking too. I visit there fairly often; this will be my first trip there with my carry weapon.

Would also be interested in knowing if there are restrictions (i.e. bars).

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Search powhatan peacemakers/virginia gun laws. I was born in Virginia, never had a problem with open carry. They did not have a concealed carry until Dec., 1994, so we always open carried, even in bars.

Top Bottom